New 250s up for sale

lunkerglx10

Even worse is when you have local tackle shops not selling any 250s to the public but flipping them on eBay.

another place to never buy from again.  that is a bad business practice there, in order to make an extra hundred bucks they just caused at least one person to never buy from them again... smart!  you'd never see TW do this... never ever.

Does anyone know how much standard markup is on tackle?  Why should a shop sell anything for what it costs them. A business is in business to make a profit. Free market will regulate itself. I paid 179.99 + tax for a flash carp. The same as I paid for the trout I bought from the last release of the old style. If the stores are getting them for $95 and MSRP is 179.99 I dont see the problem. A percentage is a percentage. What If the store buys a bait for $5 and sells it for $10? Everybody is ripping us off, I'm sure they don't have any overhead to cover like lights, water, rent. Im sure supply will catch up just like the 175's and if people stop buying the price will adjust.

Does anyone know how much standard markup is on tackle?  Why should a shop sell anything for what it costs them. A business is in business to make a profit. Free market will regulate itself. I paid 179.99 + tax for a flash carp. The same as I paid for the trout I bought from the last release of the old style. If the stores are getting them for $95 and MSRP is 179.99 I dont see the problem. A percentage is a percentage. What If the store buys a bait for $5 and sells it for $10? Everybody is ripping us off, I'm sure they don't have any overhead to cover like lights, water, rent. Im sure supply will catch up just like the 175's and if people stop buying the price will adjust.

it they truly are $95... the suggested retail is 179.99.  so it appears to be 84.99...? if i'm not missing something.  I dont have a problem with profit.  tackle stores flipping on ebay is greedy!

it they truly are $95... the suggested retail is 179.99.  so it appears to be 84.99...? if i'm not missing something.  I dont have a problem with profit.  tackle stores flipping on ebay is greedy!

I agree that flipping baits on ebay is a super-doucher move from a company. One that would guarantee I would take my business elsewhere. If the guy I deal with locally makes $84.99 selling a bait at MSRP I'm OK with that. To me personally It's no different than him buying a bait  at $9.50 and selling it to me for $17.99. He sold all 16 he got in 3 hrs. He was also limiting one per customer in an effort to quell some of the flipping(he had multiple offers to buy all). All in all I'm just saying that everybody is not a crook. If things are actually being sold at MSRP then go after the people setting the MSRP.

+1