How To Lose All of your Swimbaits/Kastmasters you own in 2 fishing trips.

LegendaryGarcia

so what spot did this happened at?  only fishing i want to do there is for your baits! 

i have no problem swimming down 20 feet with just a mask to get a bait back. ive done that before 

During the summer I jumped into a mat for a predator swimbait stuck on a log under the mat. Got covered in grass and I smelled like ass, but I got my swimbait back so I was fine...

Edited by JTSwimbaitMan

bad line? most line goes bad from being in sun or was exposed to some short of heat not from being on a store shelf , im willing to bet your eye that u said was bent has a crack in it which would cause any brand of line to fail. or u really need to learn how to cast ,not trying to be rude at all

If that's you on the video you posted on the wrong site, everybody who post or post a video here catches fish with a swimbait, but nice fish either way. And if that is you why didn't you use braid instead seems to work on that video.And if that guy on the video is not you, then why post it here.

Check your guides with a Q-tip, take the q tip and push it through each guide, if the cotton gets stuck to the guide, you know that guide has a nick or a burr in it, if it does have damage, replace the guide if it cannot be fixed.

As far as line goes, I use Big Game mono for my floating baits, Seaguar InvizX for my sinking baits and I use power pro braid if I am in the slop. The # test depends on the lure weight. I constantly am checking my line; I am looking for Knicks, frayed line, abrasions to make sure there is no damage to the line. Also, when I tie on a new bait, I will inspect the line and cut out any line that is damaged. I change my line often, if I go swimbaiting for 6-8 hours, I will respool for the next trip. I typically respool every trip or ever other.

I use a palomar knot for 98% the rest of the time I use the improved clinch knot. If you are not good at tying knots, go to wired to fish and look for their fishing knot diagrams, there is also tutorials on YouTube that are helpful. Practice you knots at home when you are not on the water,

Good luck

Omg! You lost lures, did you lose a deps 250, Huddleston deluxe, 3:16 freestyles? I also have 3/8 oz kastmasters with owner hooks, and a 3000 yd bulk spool of 30lb pline and 10lb test! Are you looking for replacements? I will gladly send you some 1/8 oz kastmasters so you don't break them off ! When you get better casting that then you goto the deps 250 and 3/8 oz kastmaster For free. You pay shipping :P

Omg! You lost lures, did you lose a deps 250, Huddleston deluxe, 3:16 freestyles? I also have 3/8 oz kastmasters with owner hooks, and a 3000 yd bulk spool of 30lb pline and 10lb test! Are you looking for replacements? I will gladly send you some 1/8 oz kastmasters so you don't break them off ! When you get better casting that then you goto the deps 250 and 3/8 oz kastmaster For free. You pay shipping :P

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Acme-Kastmaster-Single-Hook-Bucktail-oz/743215.uts

Very Funny, but it was 3oz with a bucktail, I've Lost 2 of these... Blue/Silver and all Silver. Caught a nice Large Mouth Bass, and lost a bigger one this year with one... in Small lakes with them.

First of all that video, was me trolling, my bad, i must of posted the wrong one when i deleted my post on accident, and pasted with the wrong paste . I don't use anything under 2oz for Kastmasters, 3/8 would be hilarious to break off with White Bucktails on them... and you have to have them ... I was at a low point, losing everything slowly testing new line out, i lost a lot of cheap swimbaits and ones that my friend had given me which sucked, I did lose 2 Huddlestons, a Rof 5, and 12, 8", lost Live target Bluegill which sucked anyway (Got caught in a nasty ass lake in CA, El Dorado Lake), and , i've lost a Castaic Hard Bait custom painted. I rather not list every other bait i've lost, its humiliating...