What are some good starter baits?

sneakysnook

What are some good starter baits? I've had great luck on the Black Dog shellcracker. Lost the one I had and can't find one anymore. So, looking to try some other lures. Picked up the lunker plunker, huddleston 68, mattlures bluegill , savage gear line thru 6", savage gear real trout swimbait, and optimum baby line thru swimbait. Is there anything else I should look at getting. 

Maybe a glide bait to that list. SWaver or Savage Gear if you're tight on money, otherwise Gancraft or Deps , or roman made

I also have a savage gear glide bait. Forgot to post that one but I'm looking at the Roman Made. Wish I could get one of those lures.

.s-waver ,slammer (must have) -hardbaits

.Huddleston 68 ,Savage gear -soft plastic

I always tell people just starting out with bigger swimbaits buy cheap first to make sure u like it before u spend big money , theres alot more to these expensive swimbaits then just tieing them to a line to catch fish theres a art to master for each to produce big fish more regularly.

May I make a suggestion?

You already have baits to cover the water column top to bottom. Take some time and learn the baits you already have, then worry about adding baits that will only serve to dilute your learning.

There is nothing worse than just starting and thinking you have to own every damn bait under the sun. Many times, you end up wasting money and your time.

haha well said speedbead ,thats so true when triple trout first came out and u can only get them at performance tackle back in the day well i was the guy buying everything they got lol , sad part I dont even use them at all

May I make a suggestion?

You already have baits to cover the water column top to bottom. Take some time and learn the baits you already have, then worry about adding baits that will only serve to dilute your learning.

There is nothing worse than just starting and thinking you have to own every damn bait under the sun. Many times, you end up wasting money and your time.

+1 Made this mistake myself, I've now narrowed down the baits I use, but in the beginning I bought a whole bunch and ended up selling them off cheap since they never got any use from me.

haha well said speedbead ,thats so true when triple trout first came out and u can only get them at performance tackle back in the day well i was the guy buying everything they got lol , sad part I dont even use them at all

You don't use them? I might have to buy some from you...

Edited by JTSwimbaitMan