New Mattlure glide

slammedsdime

What's the final price going to end up being on these bad boys? I've seen multiple numbers from people, including the man himself...

$210 shipped.

I'm a little surprised at Ceasar too. I don't think of Matt as a guy " looking to just make a quick buck off of somebody else's fortunes", I think of him as an awesome bait maker. As long as enough R&D is done on these baits, I will be trying to get my hands on what will work. Matt has a few guys testing these baits, and I know a couple of the guys who are. We're already seeing some good fish on these baits. And I'm sure we will see more.

I basically under cut myself  when I said $200. They took a lot more time then I anticipated. But since I said $200 I am honoring that price for this first batch. After that I will need to adjust. These are not available for regular purchase. When I find time between my regular orders I can make some specialty baits like these. These will not be a typical in stock type bait.

so dang glad i got in on this preorder!  cesar is a good dude, we all don't see eye to eye on everything.  still a good dude.  Matt, you make great baits, I think your price point is in line with the size and quality of this bait.  no one complained about the 10" wake that mickey puts out being 200 bucks and that thing is way less detailed than matt's glide.  just my 2 cents though!

I basically under cut myself  when I said $200. They took a lot more time then I anticipated. But since I said $200 I am honoring that price for this first batch. After that I will need to adjust. These are not available for regular purchase. When I find time between my regular orders I can make some specialty baits like these. These will not be a typical in stock type bait.

so dang glad i got in on this preorder!  cesar is a good dude, we all don't see eye to eye on everything.  still a good dude.  Matt, you make great baits, I think your price point is in line with the size and quality of this bait.  no one complained about the 10" wake that mickey puts out being 200 bucks and that thing is way less detailed than matt's glide.  just my 2 cents though!

Definitely glad I'm trying to see about getting baits. The Flippers are going to go nuts with these things..... The price will rival what you pay on eBay for a Hinkle Trout these days....

+1 Mychal, Ceasar is a good dude. I haven't seen Matts glide in real life yet, but I already think it's worth it from what I see.

Just sent a e-mail, hope to get on the ever growing list....charge me any price you want Matt, I KNOW you take your lure making to heart. Every one of your lures catch fish...tried & true. A true artist in the lure making world. Thanks Matt.

Dang i thought this bait was going thru rigorous testing.... guess that went out the window when the $$ started rolling in, nice

LOL After "hearing" about this bait nearly a year ago, I was thinking WTH is taking so long! : )

Bad day? Because im not ready a raring to go on this bait? there are plenty of reasons. Igonorant?

1. Months ago you were still "working out bugs with the floater". Which, is like a jointed punker.. I believe Jfish did that with the atomic punk years ago.. so thats not even a new design, its a fx killer instinct.

2. I was in awe when there was a bait being raffled to "recoup costs" because the first raffle brought so much $$$. You recoup cost thru selling the baits I thought, thats how normal business works. I mean do your own thing its a free country but rubbed a ton of people wrong i talked to.

3. a very pompous statement was made about how Matt couldnt believe the action of this glide or that glide and his isn going to be the best ever blah blah blah.... this is there first true true glide baits that Ive seen. The hardbass glides were more like two piece swimmers,

admitted by matt himself. Then after the release he said that was the only batch because tuning in that style bait takes soooo long. Boo hoo, not really.

4. Ive seen the bapes in action, in person. Meh. Not a super bad bait but def not the best ever, but thats ok its the first true glide. But ripping on everyone else with no glide track record. that was brutal. Im getting ripped on but dude already insulted mad makers with his statements. but he gets a pass... f that.

A few fish and videos are good. But thats not alot of r&D. Once a final desing and action is tuned in then THAT bait should be tested. Also how many have been made so that the consistency from bait to bait doesnt vary much? Glides arent  a lipless hardbait that you can just crack out. Every pour you learn something and can fine to the procedure.

This is an honest assesment from me, no hate or angst. I have nothing against matt, I actually was exctied to see what he was going to do, claiming all this RD and stuff. To me r&d can aswer questions like, will these baits last for more that a year. How will they stand up to hook rash. Will the pin break. But thats just me I guess. The standard is low because people make swimbaits and then sell em with NO RD, so doing anything looks so amazing.

Baits come and go. especially gliders. Matts late to the show on this one. There are glide baits that have been owning and have proven track records. Gancraft 230 has been doing work for who knows how long, way before deps. while im not saying matts baits wont be great fish catchers... the intro and demeaning pf proven baits made me expect more, from what ive seen not that impressed with the action.. they look great, but so did middlefish.

just being honest, i could care less if people dont like that or whatever. There is no agenda, i make baits, i know this will come up, but i dont consider myself in any class with a maker like matt or hinkle or those guys... im a hobbiest. this is coming from a swimbaiters point of view watching this whole love fest unfold

Bad day? Because im not ready a raring to go on this bait? there are plenty of reasons. Igonorant?

1. Months ago you were still "working out bugs with the floater". Which, is like a jointed punker.. I believe Jfish did that with the atomic punk years ago.. so thats not even a new design, its a fx killer instinct.

2. I was in awe when there was a bait being raffled to "recoup costs" because the first raffle brought so much $$$. You recoup cost thru selling the baits I thought, thats how normal business works. I mean do your own thing its a free country but rubbed a ton of people wrong i talked to.

3. a very pompous statement was made about how Matt couldnt believe the action of this glide or that glide and his isn going to be the best ever blah blah blah.... this is there first true true glide baits that Ive seen. The hardbass glides were more like two piece swimmers,

admitted by matt himself. Then after the release he said that was the only batch because tuning in that style bait takes soooo long. Boo hoo, not really.

4. Ive seen the bapes in action, in person. Meh. Not a super bad bait but def not the best ever, but thats ok its the first true glide. But ripping on everyone else with no glide track record. that was brutal. Im getting ripped on but dude already insulted mad makers with his statements. but he gets a pass... f that.

A few fish and videos are good. But thats not alot of r&D. Once a final desing and action is tuned in then THAT bait should be tested. Also how many have been made so that the consistency from bait to bait doesnt vary much? Glides arent  a lipless hardbait that you can just crack out. Every pour you learn something and can fine to the procedure.

This is an honest assesment from me, no hate or angst. I have nothing against matt, I actually was exctied to see what he was going to do, claiming all this RD and stuff. To me r&d can aswer questions like, will these baits last for more that a year. How will they stand up to hook rash. Will the pin break. But thats just me I guess. The standard is low because people make swimbaits and then sell em with NO RD, so doing anything looks so amazing.

Baits come and go. especially gliders. Matts late to the show on this one. There are glide baits that have been owning and have proven track records. Gancraft 230 has been doing work for who knows how long, way before deps. while im not saying matts baits wont be great fish catchers... the intro and demeaning pf proven baits made me expect more, from what ive seen not that impressed with the action.. they look great, but so did middlefish.

just being honest, i could care less if people dont like that or whatever. There is no agenda, i make baits, i know this will come up, but i dont consider myself in any class with a maker like matt or hinkle or those guys... im a hobbiest. this is coming from a swimbaiters point of view watching this whole love fest unfold

#2. 100%!!!!

everyone is entitled to their opinion but be careful how you express it. In your post you said you have nothing against Matt, no hate or angst but thats no how the post reads, its pretty insulting.

If you don't think the bait is worth it or proven yet don't buy it or wait longer to buy it

people pay $100 for a mag and thats a soft bait that does the same thing as a $30 hud

you know what these baits have sold for on eBay so you know he could sell them for a lot more but he isn't

I don't personally know Matt but know he has baits that are never seen by the public because he is not happy with them so I doubt he would start selling these to make a quick buck, besides  he not new to the game.

In my opinion you should have taken time to write and read your post before you put it up on a forum for everybody to see, which seems like your calling him out. Better yet talk to Matt himself he is always on here and easy to contact.

This is a public message board. Take what i said whoever you want to take it. i give straight. charge what u want, 200$ isnt alot. But raffling one to recoup def rubbed me wrong. If people/matt/forums hate me cuz i tell the truth or voice my opinion, hate on, trust me, i wont lose sleep.

There once was a forum called the "nation" that bait manufacturers sponsored  and any opinion against them was silenced and the person was banned.

Lets not turn this forum into the same.  Matt hyped his bait publicly and bashed others (with out naming them).  Now his only option is to bring the sickest glide ever.  I personally think iIts better when manufacturers stay quite and let the bait build its own reputation.