What?

JTSwimbaitMan

I will never Own a ABT lure after seeing what the did to hinkle , ill leave it at that, all there baits I use to own I through in the lake on purpose literally. at same time I realize it's very popular in the fishing world and it's the nature of the beast.

just my 2cents

Edited by JeremyW

The first bait I remember seeing like that design was a hard bait by Rago but I don't remember the name of it. Same design except for the hook on top. I just googled it and they were called Rago hard tails. Same design different hook

scroll down and you will see it

Sorry for the link I couldn't figure out how to post the pic.

But ABT has had a hard wagtail for a long time and I am not sure who made them first.

Edited by swimbaitunderground

Wonder if the urethane insert is replaceable? I'd like to see it swim. 

From a business standpoint, ABT is smart. They implement ideas and designs in their lures that aren't patent protected. While ABT is taking ideas from their competitors, still legal. That's competition. I'm sorry but you can't hate on competition, its the driving force in any dynamic market. In the end, ABT is still playing kinda dirty.

Look at the Vision 110, Rick Clunn and Boyd Duckett wanted that piece of the pie and came up with their "own" version. Nothing illegal about it, but I am surely not going to support them : P

Edited by iay

From a business standpoint, ABT is smart. They implement ideas and designs in their lures that aren't patent protected. While ABT is taking ideas from their competitors, still legal. That's competition. I'm sorry but you can't hate on competition, its the driving force in any dynamic market. In the end, ABT is still playing kinda dirty.

very true- just saying I wont buy them

Just from looking at the photo looks like they made their own tail and they did have the first hardbait I can remember having a swimming tail even though the tail on that one was pretty much a knockoff hudd tail. I will give credit where it's due but I will not buy one no matter how it swims or catches fish. Company showed it's true character and how it operates with the Hinkle thing and trying to spin it after being caught.

Here is the thing though. the swimbait market is still small with a lot of smaller companies. Many of us don't charge what we could get for our baits trying to be fair to the customer. Now what if I had a bait that is real innovative or an idea better than this ABT bait that makes a simaler bait that is twice as good. I now have to worry about ABT stealing the design because of the way they have shown they do business. Guess what just happened to my prices with every ABT bait sold. I see that the customers will support them and buy their baits even after being caught with the Hinkle stuff so the price of my baits have to go up to pay for patents, attorneys and/or ensuring I make a profit from any new design. That is if I were to ever make the bait. I may decide it's not just worth the effort, risk or cost and no one will ever see it.