Next World Record

SacrificeFishing

Manabu spent endless hours hunting that fish. (From what i read)He also would spent $400 on live bait, drive to Biwa which i think took him 3+ hrs everyday. Once he got to his spot by the bridge he would rev his motor a sequence of times then start throwing out fish. As time went on the bass would come out & crush the bait. He did this to identify the largest fish in the area. Those fish knew by the sound of his motor sequence that food was coming, fish tank style. He had seen that WR fish many times from what I read. Finally catching his prize. Now thats dedication, he def deserves that record in my eyes. Even though it his efforts are not customary to what we do here in the states doesn't discredit his fish. You could say that bed fishing for Dottie was much easier. Hell she was caught many times. I do think Japan will be the place, if not Dixon here in SD has monster bass for what it is. We'll have to all see, maybe one of us will haul her in one day. Thats whats so awesome about bass fishing, next cast could be that fish. So keep dreamin & huckin those baits...

Fro anyone enjoying this thread, do yourself a favor and spend 4 bucks on Amazon for a copy of "Sowbelly: the Obsessive Quest for the World Record Bass" by Monte Burke. Its a great read about the folks trying to catch record bass and the attempts by others to raise a record bass. Great book with lots of reference to the culture of swimbaiting.

Fro anyone enjoying this thread, do yourself a favor and spend 4 bucks on Amazon for a copy of "Sowbelly: the Obsessive Quest for the World Record Bass" by Monte Burke. Its a great read about the folks trying to catch record bass and the attempts by others to raise a record bass. Great book with lots of reference to the culture of swimbaiting.

X2, great reading....