What Does Everyone Have For a Boat?

northeast_trev

200 is a killer deal! I've looked at those a bunch over the years. If I find a deal like that, its coming home with me haha. How many batteries do you have on there?

I bring 2 - 1 as backup. I have a third, but I believe it fried the other day while unparralleling(sp?) it.

I easily put (2) 12V 35AH sealed batteries in one battery box just fine.

I bring 2 - 1 as backup. I have a third, but I believe it fried the other day while unparralleling(sp?) it.

I easily put (2) 12V 35AH sealed batteries in one battery box just fine.

Thats not bad at all.  I used to do the same in my Jon boat a few years ago

Thats not bad at all.  I used to do the same in my Jon boat a few years ago

Worked perfect the other day. It's the 8ft version, so it's a perfect 1 person boat, but works great for 2 as well. Sometimes I may consider not even bringing a seat.

I personally have a 1986 Ranger 373V with a Johnson 150 on er. Picked the boat up with a friend 2 years ago and have been slowly bringing it back to life. Harder than it seems when we're using the boat 5-6 nights a week. She ain't too pretty, smokes a lot, doesn't like to start up, but whatever she's mint hahah. 

It was the perfect first boat for me and I work it into the smallest and shallowest places imaginable. One day i'm sure i'll class up, but for now i'm just having way too much fun with this one.

Great boat! I've got a '90 373v and enjoy fishing out of it. I sold my '82 Ranger because a bud won a boat and I wanted his because it had an '02 Yamaha Vmax hpdi. I'll say both old Rangers handle big water well for their size and the luxury of being able to fish tighter on the rocky banks without fear of scratching up the gel coat is a nice perk. Miss having a 101 up front and the deck extension but the padded seat up front is great for the family. 

I also have a float tube I use from time to time to get across lakes that I can't hike around and are electric only. 

Would love to get back into a 14' alum and have a second boat to customize for the smaller drinks, but time is not easy to come by these days. 

Sorry guys I should've clarified a bit more, I meant more as to what kind of batteries do I need to get. Like a 24dc or 27dc. I was just looking at the cheapo walmart ones. I've never owned anything battery or gas operated so this is all new to me. I've been doing research but I'm still not sure. Appreciate the help!

Sorry guys I should've clarified a bit more, I meant more as to what kind of batteries do I need to get. Like a 24dc or 27dc. I was just looking at the cheapo walmart ones. I've never owned anything battery or gas operated so this is all new to me. I've been doing research but I'm still not sure. Appreciate the help!

Did a little more research and found what I was looking for. Going to get a 27dc to run my motors and a 12 volt from cabelas to run electronics.

Chrome Battery makes some good, cheap sealed/deep cycle batteries.

I run 2 of these in 1 battery box - 1 as a backup and a third in my card for in between trips and they have worked perfect:

http://www.chromebattery.com/12v-35ah-sealed-lead-acid-sla-nut-and-bolt-connector.html