looking for a night fishing partner

Foster

Be carefull at night in so cal been shot at many times enough to make me no longer fish at night in so cal never hits the news how much it happens too last time was shot at had to jump in the water from canoe to avoid being hit and then every time I came up for air they shot at us every shot was within a foot of hitting me in the head heard the whiz sound then sound of them hitting the water was intense I recommend taking a gun with you anytime night fishing in so cal im lucky I made it across and think they ran out of bullets was life changing lol my fav fishing spot too use to pull tens out of there once a months atleast San Diego river I miss it!

Be carefull at night in so cal been shot at many times enough to make me no longer fish at night in so cal never hits the news how much it happens too last time was shot at had to jump in the water from canoe to avoid being hit and then every time I came up for air they shot at us every shot was within a foot of hitting me in the head heard the whiz sound then sound of them hitting the water was intense I recommend taking a gun with you anytime night fishing in so cal im lucky I made it across and think they ran out of bullets was life changing lol my fav fishing spot too use to pull tens out of there once a months atleast San Diego river I miss it!

That's San Diego River for ya... I don't even like to fish during the day out there anymore. Too many wackos

Never had any problems heading out on a ninja sesh at golf courses, ponds, and local lakes.

I do agree it can get a little creepy, used to take my pit with me when I would head out alone.

Havn't been out in over 2yrs now though

there are many good night places in OC and la , yes you have to jump the fence lol. Only place id stay away from is legg lake (at night) really safe place to go is in fullerton (laguna lake park) very safe only thing is you have to be super ninja lol

I've fished at legg after hours regularly for the last year and haven't had any issues. The locals are around... just be respectful and do anything stupid to bring attention to you and all will be good. Be light on the gear so you're not of any value to anyone. DFG and pd lurk around there at night during the warmer months tho.

sketchiest part of SD river is in lakeside where the softball fields and cactus park are... the hillbilly that lives down below the fields... scariest dude ever.  anyone know who i'm talking about, i haven't been there in 10 years, not sure if he still exists...

sketchiest part of SD river is in lakeside where the softball fields and cactus park are... the hillbilly that lives down below the fields... scariest dude ever.  anyone know who i'm talking about, i haven't been there in 10 years, not sure if he still exists...

Those ponds used to be called huck finn and they would allow kids to fish there in groups. There was a caretaker guy who lived there in shacks and I am guessing that's who you are talking about? who ever used to own doesn't anymore and the shacks and that guy have been gone for a long time. I used to fish that place hard from about 6years old into my twentys and then that's when they changed the ponds. Last time I went there they were gone dried up.

Those ponds used to be called huck finn and they would allow kids to fish there in groups. There was a caretaker guy who lived there in shacks and I am guessing that's who you are talking about? who ever used to own doesn't anymore and the shacks and that guy have been gone for a long time. I used to fish that place hard from about 6years old into my twentys and then that's when they changed the ponds. Last time I went there they were gone dried up.

I haven't been there in about 10 years... the dude was there 10 years ago, i dont remember for sure but I think he lived in a trailer somewhere down below the fields... i'm not sure what year it would have been but I believe it was whatever year you started selling mend it, I remember seeing you bring one of the bottles into angler's edge (i think that was the name of the place by the rodeo grounds) one day before I headed out there.  I also remember buying my very first wake jr off the clearance rack there for 40 bucks... I miss the days when no one used swimbaits.  You probably don't ;)

Ha I like that guys buy and use swimbaits but it was cool when I could go to a lake and not see anybody throwing them. That store is now East county bait and tackle. Very cool store. I never realy had any issues fishing all the SD river ponds. Over the years I have gotten kicked out a few times but never anything where I thought I was in danger. Of course I rarely fished them at night and I always had friends. If I were to go now I would be armed.

There is mention of Legg lakes in Southern California. Please! Do not bring any weapons with you while fishing. Night or Day. Most of us fear Mountain Lions as opposed to people. Especially when we fish remote locations. We only ask to Practice C.P.R. Catch, Photograph(record) and Release the fish you are lucky enough to catch. Please. Legg lake is a very peaceful location. Once in a while we demand an old timer release the fish, he or they have caught using artificial lure techniques. If you chose to fish Cattails, there will be people there at night, whom are very respectful people whom just want to know if they are biting I personally choose to fish when the gate opens in between 5 and 6 in the morning till 2 or 3pm. Full shift. I am dying to post some pics, but will hold out till further notice. Mostly spinner bait A.holes spook off most of our giants. Good or bad not sure! IMO.

hey foster, I am up in Valencia and try to get out on the lower lake at Castaic as much as I can at night. with the weather warming it should get good over the next few months at night, I have fished up there for many years, but it is hard to find someone commited enough to make it a regular thing. message me if interested.