My attempt at an ms slammer replica

Fredosantana

Recently discovered the MS Slammer and really liked the idea of it so I tried to replicate it to the best of my abilities. It turned out better then I thought it would and it swims amazing. I'll upload a video next time I get a chance. Still have to epoxy it but other then that it's finished.post-24205-0-55495300-1429930750_thumb.jpg

post-24205-0-82198800-1429930736_thumb.jpg

post-24205-0-88597100-1429930762_thumb.jpg

post-24205-0-09778500-1429930776_thumb.jpg

post-24205-0-52329500-1429930791_thumb.jpg

How did you cut the lip? I assume you turned it, was thinking cutting it before turning, but that might splinter on a softer wood...

I turned the blank, and then with the square ends still on each side of the lure I used a table saw with the blade set at the desired angle and used the fence to line up my guide line with the blade. I cut the actual lip itself out of a piece of 1/8" thick lexan.

Nice work, I've been making a few of my own. Is that red cedar you have there ? I've been using white maple, and, they have been coming out alright. What you going to use for the tail ?

Nice work, I've been making a few of my own. Is that red cedar you have there ? I've been using white maple, and, they have been coming out alright. What you going to use for the tail ?

Yup its eastern red cedar. Its been working great for the plugs I've been making! It turns very well for me. I just bought one of those storm rubber swimbaits and cut the tail off of that until I find a more permanent solution.

• 3 months later...