Bluegill swimbaits

ATLbassin28

When I imitate bluegill, 80% of the time, it's when they're on the top hitting bugs. As a result, I generally end up using topwater. I've got a floating JSJ gill that I do damage on. If I'm on a pond, though, bluegill baits work about every part of the water column. The Ultimate Bluegill works wonders when I'm bumping along the bottom. I've toyed around with the idea of getting a hardgill, but I think that may be tied or fourth priority at this point.

love my real prey gills, cast nice, super durable and they catch. 

Joe painted some in a custom golden crappie color for me this season for a few special ponds I fish to match the natural baits that are in there. 

I've caught fish on the 3:16 gills and the 30acre deluxe gill. The deluxe gill is pretty big but caught some decent bed fish for me this year. Nothing huge but the fish smashed it when they wouldn't touch my friends plastics.  The 3:16 are a bit smaller and they swim incredibly. I've yet to find a SS mattlures hardgill so I can't compare but as others have mentioned, I have literally never heard a single bad thing about the hardgill so if you find one I'd say grab it... in the mean time, the other two I mentioned are solid options. Good luck out there.