New to the site.

KillaBass

Hello guys,

My name is Donnie D.  I fish in central jersey.Im a hardcore power fisherman usally throwing jigs,crank,spinnerbait and frogs for the most part..Ive has a bunch of swimbaits for years but rarely throw them...But this season thats gonna change..I have a bunch of mroe swimbaits coming and threw nothing but swimbaits the last time i hit the water and caught my first hudd fish on a weedless shad.I caught a bunch that day 2.71 being the biggest..I mostly fish heavy cover in the lakes I fish so i have some 68 weedless hudds coming and will be chucking them shortly.I have been fishing hardcore for 5 years now and have not broken 5 pounds.A swimbait will change that for me this season!..

If any one has any advice for me for fishing big swimbaits in cover or just in my area lmk

thanks  My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EsftEODTnz50VwED-zekw?view_as=subscriber

I fish a lot of stained lakes.will a 68 hudd still work or should I just stick with a boot tail style swimbait and hard body top water swimbaits?

Welcome aboard, I subbed to your channel.

In answer to your question Hudds will get bit in Stained, clear, and dark of night....fish them and you will be rewarded.

Well today i fished for 7 hours.I fished there rof 5 gizzard shad 68 weedless 90% of the time and the bbz rat..

caught a nice size pickeral on the 68 and had the tail bit off by one.sooo

I had no more rof 5 gizzard shads so i tied on a albino rof 5 and had a absolute giant follow it to the boat and smacked it..I set the hook and he came off,the hook got stuck in the plastic some how..I waited all day for that.O well

I fished it on straight 65 braid with no issues

I had a hand full of followers today aswell,it crazy how much drawing power these big bait have..

If you like heavy cover I suggest taking a look at a couple of 3:16 baits. For deeper bites and flipping I would get a couple of mission fish in various sizes, they just flat out work. Secondly, I would look at getting a couple packs of 3:16 minnows. If you rig them on an owner beast hook they are killer when burned over grass lines and the top of heavy cover. 

Welcome, lots of info in here. 3:16 rising son is a great bait that gets big bites. Stick to proven swimbaits and good results will follow and commit to it is probably the most important thing when starting.