What could be worse?!?

Salty_Cak

Whats worse then casting off a swim bait on the first cast? When you don't ever get to throw it because fedex loses it in the mail.  Picked up a baby wake off a member on here in January and sent it off to get a custom paint job in Cali before ever throwing it.  After three long months of waiting the lure was finally finished and i received a picture of it before it was sent.  I couldn't be more excited after seeing how great of a job Banks Customs did.(you may have seen the pic i posted of it on SU)  A week later he asks me if i got the lure because tracking said it was delivered.  It was no where to be found.  Fedex claimed they dropped it off at the leasing office but thats not the case….now i have to file a claim that won't even cover the full cost of what i put into the swim bait.  That my friends is what is worse… never even had a chance.  RIP custom 3:16 baby wake, gone but not forgotten.  Heres the pic of it just for the heck of it.post-22593-0-22879500-1431457070_thumb.jpg

I believe the first $100 insurance coverage is free.  So you may be able to get back $100 + shipping costs.  FYI - what you paid for shipping is not the actual 'cost' of shipping.

Courier claims suck - I feel your pain!

USPS is worse i learned that their delivery confirmation is merely confirmation that it was delivered to a zip code. They even denied the $50 insurance claim. Lost a calcutta that way cuz seller told me to pound sand. You should have a remedy if there was a signature requirement through FedEx.

Edited by bigpoppabass

Man, this truly sucks.

I had a similar experience when I ordered a MCL gill. When he originally sent it out it got lost during shipping. Fortunately Stephen is a good guy and made me another(glad he did, that thing has been a producer).

Sorry for your loss, hopefully it's found or you get some sort of closure.

Edited by ETBA

Fed Ex is known for dropping off without a signature. Simple knock on the door. Stoner driver gone! UPS or U.S. mail.

Not so difficult to have your local driver fired. Please complain repeated!

Fed Ex is known for dropping off without a signature. Simple knock on the door. Stoner driver gone! UPS or U.S. mail.

Not so difficult to have your local driver fired. Please complain repeated!

I don't think its the local drivers fault...

Great news!!!! Its been found! The darn leasing office had it the whole time after i had them check about five times. The fedex driver came in and had to find it for them, shows how bad my leasing office is. They are about to catch hell from me as soon as im back in town.