Custom rods outside LDC.

scoopdaloop

Does anyone have a custom rod that isn't an LDC? 

I'm considering wrapping my own blank but before I do that I wanted to ask if anyone knew of other good custom swimbait rod builders. 

Pics and info appreciated!

Hunter

If you're just looking for custom rods builders to work with there's quite a few guys with a lot of experience out there. They are not members on here but are great people to work with. 

Harry Chang- taught me how to wrap my first rod, 25+ years experience

Marc Higashi- Performance Tackle 

George Roth- 25+years 

Steve Biechman- 25+ years

If you're just looking for custom rods builders to work with there's quite a few guys with a lot of experience out there. They are not members on here but are great people to work with. 

Harry Chang- taught me how to wrap my first rod, 25+ years experience

Marc Higashi- Performance Tackle 

George Roth- 25+years 

Steve Biechman- 25+ years

How hard is it to build a basic rod

Marc at Performance or Cam at Moam. Both high quality builders. Performance rods tend to be more function oriented than blinged out though, just an fyi. 

Building a rod isn't super difficult, but it's hard to make them look good and you don't want to start with an expensive blank and parts. I was fortunate enough to have Adam Cargill teach me how to wrap, and even then it's a learning curve. 

Sweeeet. Ya I have an LDC and I love it.  Really just wanting to see what else is out there. I wish I knew someone knew me that would take me through the steps to build a rod. 

I'll be looking at the Moam sticks and building my own. 

Appreciate the help. 

Does anyone have a pic of their Moam?