Get the net...

SethB

I would definetly not recommend the extending Eco pro nets. Had it for less than a month- doesn't extend anymore and handle is all ripped up

I would contact Eco. I have had one for over a year with no issues.

Definitely looking for rubber mesh. Think i want something with a large hoop and a short handle. What size hoop are you all using?

Hi Seth, my nephew was using a Rubber Mesh net in some cold weather a few years back & he said when he was going to net a 4LB smallie, the netting was real stiff from the cold & he lost the fish because of this. A secret I learned whe I use to fish tournaments was using a Green nylon netting material because the bass would actually think the "Green" was weeds & head straight for it.

I've been using a Beckman net with a rubber dipped netting for 10+ years.  Sits flat on the floor of my boat, gets trampled on a lot.  No problems, still using the original netting and it sees a lot of bass, lot of stripers and occasional catfish or gar.