Curado 200I

Pottsman21

I'm just getting into swim bait fishing. The biggest bait I currently own is a 8" 3 1/4oz savage gear. The rest are 1oz-2 1/2oz. Currently I only own 4 Curado 200I and 1 Chronach CI4. Will these ruin my reels?

I would love to purchase a 300 but don't really have the funds.

I was thinking on going out and buying a BPS proquilifer reel in a low gear. Will this work?

You should be fine with the curado. I have a couple of them (older models) on my light swimbait setups up to 2oz mainly for throwing the rubber like the Rishing Son, Mission Fish, Baby wakes, plasitc punkers etc. 

You should be fine with the curado. I have a couple of them (older models) on my light swimbait setups up to 2oz mainly for throwing the rubber like the Rishing Son, Mission Fish, Baby wakes, plasitc punkers etc.

+1

I have no experience with the Abu line of rods, but I would try fishing with what you have first. Swimbait fishing isn't for everyone and there is no need sinking a bunch of $ into equipment/baits until you decide that swimbait fishing is you for. If find that you are a swimbait addict then get a dedicated setup. What I am trying to say is get out there and fish.  8-)