I can't be the only one

Sam_Glasgow_

In CA it is illegal to possess any game fish or animal without the proper CDFW permit. And they aren't jusy handing them out.

Correct. You can get the permit for educational purposes, but I am not sure how hard the justification needs to be. This permit may be for transferring caught fish as well.

When you purchase from a licensed aquaculturist they might know the route you need to go.

Although I am not sure the state you live in anyways so who knows what you would need.

I guess the legalities of the matter can vary from state to state, but I know Bass Pro and Cabelas both actively advertise the fact that they want trophy fish donations for their in store displays.  If they do it then I don't think having a little bass in your home tank is that big of a deal

I had em before(very small size, caught with casting net).

Shad & bluegill as well.

I actually learned a good bit about them & baitfish that way.

If possible, feed it food that's native to its lake. Hook him up with some crawfish, minnows, lizards, worms, bugs, bluegill, etc.

I had em before(very small size, caught with casting net).

Shad & bluegill as well.

I actually learned a good bit about them & baitfish that way.

If possible, feed it food that's native to its lake. Hook him up with some crawfish, minnows, lizards, worms, bugs, bluegill, etc.

Exact reason why I was thinking of getting one