Devcon 2 ton

ospreynn

Hi guys, I was wondering if there is only one type of devcon 2 ton epoxy... I have came across two products... only differences seem to be packing and pricing.. 

http://www.truevalue.com/product/25ml-2-Ton-Epoxy/10058.uts?keyword=devcon

or 

http://www.bettymills.com/shop/product/view/Devcon/ORS230-14310.html?utm_source=cpc-strat&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=parts&utm_keyword=ORS230-14310&utm_content=Facility&gclid=CP6bj77ogMcCFVSSfgodIxsCqg

which one do you guys use...Also, which is the best method for applying it.. just use a small brush? Does it yellow with time?

Thanks

Mine looks like the true value one. Probably updated the packaging on the other site. I've not had any yellowing in 2 years. I apply with a small art brush. Make sure you keep turning the bait as the epoxy sets up or it will sag to the lowest point. Most prefer a drying wheel, but I've gotten by with just hanging the bait by the nose or tail and flipping it every 10 minutes or so.

same for me, I just flip it every 5 mins. You want the tru value one. the second one says water resistant which is weird, the first one pic is the one to use and right on it it says waterproof. I use a 1" cheap paint brush, but you dont have much time, get it on there right after you mix, denatured alchohol will thin it out  but it doest do much for working time, devcon goes off FAST

Thank you guys... good to know it doesn't yellow.. plus I don't tend to leave them in the sun after fishing.

I have a brush that I can use for that... will try to rotate it often and work fast

My objective is to apply a protective coat in areas prone to be damaged or already damaged (hook rash on slammers and joint chipping on negotiators and imakatsu jointed baits)..... I know, most of you guys want some battle scars on your baits. Is it OK to apply only to the damaged area?

I used the one like the True Value.  I too haven't had any yellowing.

I use those cheap kids paint brush (I think it comes in 30 pk and cost like 2 bucks at Wally World).

I first heat the lure with a hair dryer, it will help the epoxy apply easier. Then I mix the epoxy and letting it sit for about 30 seconds to let the bubbles pop.  Then I apply it on the lure. Once I get a good coat on, I take the hair dryer to the lure again to pop any bubbles left. As for curing, I do the same thing as everyone else.  I hang it on one end, then rotate to the other end every 10 mins and only doing it twice.