Throwbacks

Batallas22

I like it, my brother sent me this the other day...This was from a local lake here in Az I think from the late 70's, I was like 12?

attachicon.gifIMG951708.jpg

That photo is incredible. The hat-sunglasses combo gives a young Bill Dance vibe.

Haha thanks guys...I was fortunate to be brought up by a father that started me out fishing at a very young age, probably 3 years old...I remember owning my first baitcaster at the age of 8...Spent many weekends camping with the family and fishing with my dad...I used to love when he would come in my room early in the morning on a school day waking me up and ask me if I wanted to go fishing with him...I have (4) kids and only my youngest daughter really likes fishing even though I have tried to get them all to have the passion I have for it...If I could fish every day I really would, that's how much I enjoy it...This picture brings back alot of fun childhood memories...Thanks dad!

PS, I will say back in 2000 when my son was (5) he really enjoyed fishing...As a matter of fact, we had been fishing for 5 days straight but he started getting really bad headaches followed up by vomiting... Turned out my son had a brain tumor (cancerous)...Now he is (20) and disabled so there is no telling where be might have gone with his fishing enthusiasm... But I can tell you at the age of (5) I had him throwing a baitcaster and the kid could down right fish...I thank God every day that he is still alive and with us...

Edited by YELOSUB

San Clemente Island on an overnight trip in 1995. It's a Pacific Halibut that weighed 28 pounds. I used a big live sardine with a sliding egg sinker, a penn 4/0 senator with 30lb. test and a penn long beach rod. The boat was catching yellowtail like crazy! lol

post-19105-0-80656100-1442633386_thumb.jpg