Noob in San Diego

kahai808

if we can get enough members maybe a lil San Diego swimbait shootout would be a cool competition/meet n greet out here this winter.

I'd be willing to put a bait up as a prize for the winner

We could just throw down 10-20 dollar and biggest fish takes all. We get 10 peeps that 100-200 dollar! I'm good with that!

We could just throw down 10-20 dollar and biggest fish takes all. We get 10 peeps that 100-200 dollar! I'm good with that!

Yup, that's what im thinking. Do a buy-in and biggest fish on a swimbait takes all... I'll still throw in a prize bait for some added bonus.

I know some other cities/locations have done this with some success in the past, would be a fun gathering I think. Just need to find 8~10+ participants that could meet up and set a date/time and a location.

Or like Don said, we could just meet up and go fish lol

Yup, that's what im thinking. Do a buy-in and biggest fish on a swimbait takes all... I'll still throw in a prize bait for some added bonus.

I know some other cities/locations have done this with some success in the past, would be a fun gathering I think. Just need to find 8~10+ participants that could meet up and set a date/time and a location.

I'm down

That sounds cool! I'm in!

Count me in

haven't found good lau lau yet. but for me the best grindz is Island Style Café in Tierrasanta. Brah brok da maut!!!!

Every once in a while I run across some decent laulau down here where I'm at, but lately I'm all about da loco moco bra! I can eat that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Haha! I can't wait to try that island style cafe.

I can start another thread so we all can meet up and do a local biggest fish tournament.

Here is a couple of idea I am thinking.

-Lake here in the SD area. Preferable one with a lot of shore access.  not everyone has a boat/kayak/float tube.

-no boats, kayaks, or float tube. not all of have them

-biggest fish (weight) winner takes all

-$10-20 entry

-picture/video proof so we don't risk fish

-most likely a weekend day

-swimbaits only

-group lunch/dinner after

any other suggestions or changes?

Here's my thoughts to piggy back and add:

- I think Dixon would be an appropriate lake. A lot of shore access and boats for rent. Also, no private boats, tubes, or kayaks are allowed on the lake anyways so this keeps it fair for all participants. It's participants choice if they want to fish from shore or put money up for a rental. Also, no CA fishing license is required (although I am sure most folks on here have one)

- possibly set a time frame from like 6am-2pm

- biggest fish takes all prize winnings

- $20 entry and participants cover their own parking, permits, and rentals

- picture/video of fish on a Digital Scale w/swimbait in photo (similar to SUB rules) 

- I think any Saturday (since some folks have church or NFL to watch on Sundays) in November or December should work once trout is stocked.

- swimbaits only

-group lunch after would be awesome

Just some added thoughts

I think we should make an official thread once we get everything set up

Here's my thoughts to piggy back and add:

- I think Dixon would be an appropriate lake. A lot of shore access and boats for rent. Also, no private boats, tubes, or kayaks are allowed on the lake anyways so this keeps it fair for all participants. It's participants choice if they want to fish from shore or put money up for a rental. Also, no CA fishing license is required (although I am sure most folks on here have one)

- possibly set a time frame from like 6am-2pm

- biggest fish takes all prize winnings

- $20 entry and participants cover their own parking, permits, and rentals

- picture/video of fish on a Digital Scale w/swimbait in photo (similar to SUB rules) 

- I think any Saturday (since some folks have church or NFL to watch on Sundays) in November or December should work once trout is stocked.

- swimbaits only

-group lunch after would be awesome

Just some added thoughts

I think we should make an official thread once we get everything set up

I like it!