BBF_Baits

IsaacM619

I didn't want to post negative feedback, however I feel like I have exhausted my resources. I was contacted by Knade Endl after I posted a WTB add for an LDC rod. He said he had a Production XH model that he had used maybe 15 times. We agreed on $260 for the rod including shipping. I paid via Paypal NOT using gift. It took him 2 days to send the rod, which was fine. He said that because I paid not using gift that I needed to send an extra $10 to cover fees, which I did. Not what we had agreed on but whatever. When I received the tube I excitedly opened the tube, I was shocked to see that there was zero packaging inside, the rod was absolutely filthy dirty, def used more than 15 times, the rod was in a rod sleeve, and was able to slide up and down inside the tube which caused the top 3" of the rod to break. When I contacted him he said he was sorry, and offered to pay for a new tip. Not what I wanted but I thought I'd give it a shot. Had a new tip put on, and really don't like the way it loads or handles at all. I have given him ample time to make this right, which he has not. He said he wants a receipt for the tip before he will refund me for the tip only. I filed a claim with USPS which was denied due to "poor packaging". I have now since filed a case with Paypal. I think he may be young, but that is not a good enough excuse. 

post-24557-0-82486500-1446054421_thumb.jpg

post-24557-0-72424000-1446054427_thumb.jpg

post-24557-0-46704400-1446054434_thumb.jpg

post-24557-0-48853200-1446054439_thumb.jpg

post-24557-0-83904100-1446054443_thumb.jpg

Part of the problem with buying used products man. I don't know if I'd ever buy a used rod, I see how some people treat their equipment and that doesn't sit well with me. 

I would proceed with paypal and continue to see what you can workout with the seller. 

I know you can replace a rod tip but I don't know about 3". Contact LDC or another reputable rod builder in your area and see what they say for options.

Keep us posted.

I would field a Paypal dispute, and also a dispute with the credit card you have linked with PayPal. Save and send all correspondence and photos of the rod and packaging as received. Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal should be able to recoup your money. They have some pull.

Oh my. This is wonderful. What he fails to tell you is it was in a sock. I have been more than reasonable with him. I have offered to have a tip put on also to give him a refund but he wants me to refund him before he sends the rod back. Of course that won't happen I will not let him scam me out of the rodpost-20541-0-29154100-1446153591_thumb.jpg