anybody try these yet??

floridaswimb8er

It really has nothing to do with liking him or not. What I posted was about the subject. We educated some people today and maybe they will not be so quick to defend the guy against a knockoff company when he has always been a knockoff guy shown by the evidence I posted. Maybe some of them will find another company to buy baits from if they want to support original baitmakers who haven't supported knockoff swimbait companies. No butt hurt just the truth so people know and can avoid him and others like him.

Just stop man, seriously, just stop.

You don't like Mike, we get it, all you're doing at this point is embarrassing yourself from the level of butthurt you constantly put on display......

I have several cast to catch videos of his prototype, but that's irrelevant. Hell, I have several cast to catch videos using your baits which I happen like a lot. None of that matters. All that matters is everyone is getting tired of your constant antics. Just do yourself a favor and let it go man. Mike makes a great bait, and you make a great bait. Let us enjoy them both without constantly stirring up ish.........

Didn't stir it up that was Corey. I just posted Mikes words so he could tell us about knockoffs and how what comes around go's around. You guys are the guys defending Mike when he can't be defended from his own words and actions.

It was not my intention to get anyone wound up, I just wanted to know how much is really unique about baits that seem so similar. I have no dog in this fight but I did at one time own a HPH and it was a very good bait. I traded it because I was overwhelmed with the return offer......part of me does wish I kept it since they are so friggin hard to come by.

It was not my intention to get anyone wound up, I just wanted to know how much is really unique about baits that seem so similar. I have no dog in this fight but I did at one time own a HPH and it was a very good bait. I traded it because I was overwhelmed with the return offer......part of me does wish I kept it since they are so friggin hard to come by.

ya a HPH is harder to get then a hinkle shad I still cant believe people spend 400$ on a hinkle thats laughable to me anyways Edited by JeremyW

Here is the thing this website was started long ago in part because nobody could get the truth out there and because another website which is long gone would censor everthing to protect baitmakers from the truth. All anybody has to do here is back up what they say. I made a post and even let the baitmaker do the talking for himself on the subject. It should have ended there really or someone offered an explanation with something to back it up. But it always will go the same way. Always has and allways will. Good thing is the truth got out and I am not worked up myself. Truth is its a plastic bait made in China made from a scaned body. The action and design is improved from my point of view. When you stop the bait it will fall straight and it will burn on the surface with no crazy tuning. It has hooks that are bronze but too big and tangle on the rear constantly but hooks can change. Not my cup of tea because it still runs like a snake. I had a buddy that wanted it and we combined a tackle warehouse order for free shipping. We made a video showing what I said above because one of Mikes buddys questioned it's burn ability and balance. We were actually surprised that the bait was as good as it was and I lost a friendly bet on it. LOL.

Now this is cool. Thats Gene. Used to fish my baits and did take my first baits to the classic in Birmingham with my freind Ryan who was prefising with a pro. A short while later I called him and told him to call the guys running a tournament online because I knew he had broken the rules he had signed off on in an online tournament. He went back to being Mikes buddy because he couldn't get baits from me anymore after that. Lol. Typical stuff from him.

I wish there were a cat scratch icon to use here...cant believe the big names that get into copycats, my fav is rick clunn jb which is a knockoff of vision 110...he must have meditated and done his zen thing to come up with that. Lol

Edited by bigpoppabass

Don't worry. U didn't start any of this. Randall did with his childish gibberish.

Actually product use, haven't thrown the castaic a ton but short impression is it swims pretty well, one complaint though. The front trebel sticks to the body with a magnet, sometimes after a cast or a jerk of the rod the hook will slip and stick back to the bait with one of the side trebels instead of the middle one causing the bait to roll. outside of that for the money it's worth a look 

Ok I'll admit it I bought one...not because I wanted one ...but my 11 yr old son and I were in Bass Pro-shops and I told him he was allowed to pick only 1 lure. He picked up a BDShad and said he wanted it-was just proud he picked a swimbait! At his age he doesn't care about copyright infringement he just wants to catch big bass.... He said Big baits catch Big Bass right dad????

Later that day the too of us were jacking around having a casting for distance competition and he "Zing-popped" the line snapped and the lure soared into the atmosphere....

The bait seemed ok...swam well...less mechanical looking in the water than some...the hooks looked cheap and nobody likes a copy cat! So honestly we wearnt disappointed to lose it and my so said he would buy another so there...

I've never bought or fished the castaic...I do know my brand new in the pack bull shad looked like $h!t...it was chipped and unfinished in spots...I don't usually flip baits I just fish them so it wasn't that big of a deal I guess...you just expect more from brand new...I fished it a few times...it looked good...never caught a fish on it...I monster hookset a rock and snap...lost it...I probably won't ever buy another but not because of copy cat issues...really I think it matters most with the bait makers and their followers...whomever built the idea first...gotta patent...otherwise there's only so many shad style shapes you can make with minor adjustments...just my two cents...I don't have a dog in the fight