anybody try these yet??

floridaswimb8er

I have to say that Castaic has accounted for lots of fish in the 10-20lb class. However the hard baits that they make always have issues. Saying it's a ripoff of the Bucca bait is an understatement. Castaic does not have much going for them except what they have done in the past.

Randall, are you ever going to make the multi-segmented bait again ? I had one and lost it but it produced many fish for me. I would really like another.

I haven't decided but at this point I have no plans to. I have a couple big very different innovations that fit better on single joint baits coming next year sometime. I do have a bait that performs close to that bait I have been working on in the fact it doesn't glide side to side on a normal retrieve but swims tight at all speeds and can be worked hard jerked etc. When I get a couple more made I will send you one to try because I would like your opinion on it vs the old hph.

I haven't decided but at this point I have no plans to. I have a couple big very different innovations that fit better on single joint baits coming next year sometime. I do have a bait that performs close to that bait I have been working on in the fact it doesn't glide side to side on a normal retrieve but swims tight at all speeds and can be worked hard jerked etc. When I get a couple more made I will send you one to try because I would like your opinion on it vs the old hph.

Sounds good to me. Thanks.

for the hell of it i bought one ( only because i work at bass pro shops and get a killer discount !) and i literally looked through the entire rack to find one with a nice tail. I have casted mine about ten times and i think the paint could be better.... the hooks suck so do the split rings . So you are basically getting what you pay for... a cheap swimbait. overall mine swam good though , and thats the only thing i found giving it a plus. I think these are good repaint candidates and some new hardware also ~ HH

• 3 years later...

I don't care who makes my baits. 100 percent unbiased opinion. The boyd ducket shad works good. I've had it for less than a week and already got my personal best peacock bass. In 1 hour at least 5 large peacocks hammered this thing. And it still swims perfectly like it's right out of the box. It does almost 180s on the pause which is top notch. As far as largemouth I've never seen more aggressive strikes on a bait other than topwater. Im a fan. Will buy another one when a hammer snaps my 30 lb braid.

Also i switched the rear treble to 2x round bend trebles and I stick every fish that short strikes it. Which is usually what happens on a reaction strike. Learn how to fish jointed swimbaits and put the right hardware on them before you post an opinion please. ill give it a 8.5 out of 10 just because it didn't come with round bend trebles and I would prefer more action on a super slow retrieve.