Best line?

swimbaitman

Im pretty new to this and have 65# power pro on my lexa 300, I'm wondering if this is the right choice... i mostly used braid so i could save money and not have to change out line so often. any suggestions on line better than what i have, or is the power pro ok?

Thanks

There is no perfect solution.use what works for you.straight braid has not worked very well for me.i use braid back then i top off the braid with 80 yards on Seaguar line.i very seldom ever see the braid as it just takes up space but when i need more line its there.but to each there own ask 10 people will get 12 answers 

After using Shooter FC Sniper, I am switching all my set ups except topwaters and frogs to it. A bit on the thick side vs true breaking strength but extremely supple and abrasion resistant. I have made couple of casts poorly and the line took the pressure great. Very sensitive and it feels like you have KVD line conditioner constantly applied to it. I am using 20 pound for under 3 oz baits and going to use 25 pound for 3 to 6 oz baits.

I love braid with certain applications; frogs/flipping, some heavy top water swims. But on big baits, I go mono all the way, my preference is sunline, and now they have a really affordable monofilament, 300yds/$7! I've had zero issues with it, like all my other sunline products, and the 20# & 25# has been great for me with big baits like the 250s.