firearms

Bassman88

Hold both in your hands. I was on the fence between a glock and an XD also. Held the glock and it felt like I was holding a 2x4 with how boxy the grip was and went with the XD, which felt better in my hand

have to agree with don, best way to find something that fits you is to just try it. everyone is different in what they like

Hold both in your hands. I was on the fence between a glock and an XD also. Held the glock and it felt like I was holding a 2x4 with how boxy the grip was and went with the XD, which felt better in my hand

Grips can be changed too..I hated the Ruger grip...very boxy...I upgraded very comfortable now...still prefer my Sig...unfortunately for 600$ California is limiting...I shopped a gun shop AZ and the same guns side by side we're about 300$ difference because the more expensive had a CA registered model #...

A side note...I suppose AZ has open carry laws...I saw about 20 people on the mall strapped...I never felt safer even though some of these dudes looked sketch...I felt if there was any type of threat it would be short lived

Grips can only be changed so much. I'd rather be happy with a handgun from the get go and not have to change anything besides maybe tritium night sights. Rifles are a completely different story though

I did reprofile my glock grip. inserted the mag with a layer or painters tape. took a heat gun and slowly heated the grip and reprofiled it. then stippled the grip for better traction.

M&P's have interchangeable grips/back straps to accommodate for different hand sizes. I got the full size .45 and it is definitely a little on the bulky side. I'll be stepping down to a full size M&P 9mm for a carry gun and i think that will give me a few more concealment options

take a look at the picture, the G19 and G26 are side by side.......which one is the smaller one?

the 26 is smaller. i got both of them. i can take a pic when i get home. i can only get 3 finger on the 26. the 19 i can get a full grip on. The 19 in my opinion is the best all around handgun and can fill multiple purposes.

the OP wont be able to get at CCW ahahaha! California is dumb when it comes to Guns

Some counties are friendlier than others when it comes to issuing ccw licenses. It's mainly LA and San Diego that people have issues getting CCW licenses

Beretta m9 92FS, a little heavier than a glock but an over all outstanding gun. The only thing that was hard for me to get used to was the double trigger pull but if you can learn to get past that it's a solid gun

As a retired NYPD officer, I carried a Smith 5946, I loved it. I currently have a Glock 26 9mm compact. Prefer my Glock 41 which is a full sized 45 ACP. I normally conceal carry a Smith .380.

There a some very good guns out there and with recent advances in ammo tech, 9mm is a great round to carry with. I would recommend the Glock 26 or the full size 19. interchangeable mags, both double stack mags with good capacity....although, you are in the land of "No", so I don't know what your laws are.

10 rd mag or smaller...even on rifles...my ar15 looks ridiculous with that tiny mag