3:16 Glides on Ebay

biggfeast

I'm not sure what the hold up is, he says he is waiting until the baits are "perfect" but he has been constantly putting up pictures of fish being caught on all of them all the time. I know personally I could have really used that glide this fall and I decided against getting a different gizzard glide because I chose to wait for the 3:16. I guess I am just naive but what else could there be to tune on a bait that has been consistently catching fish for months on months? I'm not sure how much longer I will wait...

I don't mean to be negative but I just gotta say It absolutely blows my mind cats don't know how to use eBay! lol  ...and then complain about price... and Who bids 6 days before? You are literally throwing away money. Literally. Inflating the price not only for your self but for everyone else when your eventually bow out anyway. It's just ridiculous and unnecessary. No one wants to pay $600+ for Glides Whether a Hinkle, Mattlures Trout or 3:16...  That exceeds cost of materials and craftsmanship! The makers themselves wouldn't drop that kind of money... or ask for it for that matter not on there sites at least. I've seen a few unicorns or sought after gems released through eBay in the past by the maker or there camp by some extension but by and large not. There should be some sort of code of ethics lol or common sense at least... It can still be an auction without the idiotic inflation. At the end of the day we pay to play but c'mon now guys someones responsible here... we all play a part when we endorse it through actions a little self control goes a long way... I'm just saying. Its to late for the recent 3:16 Glides now... But in the future if we just hesitate till later on down the line we could still bid and acquire more than likely at a much more reasonable price. All said and done I'll pay for want I want  but lets be real fellas we cross the line sometimes where we know the cost isn't outweighed by gain... They are in fact just tools. I'm obsessed with the best of em have back ups upon back ups for no reason other than just because I'm greedy I guess and want a few extras for my brother and friends... Even been homeless after having my hours cut at one point when I could of sold just a mere handful of 3:16s (when the market was at it's peak before the era of Deps, Hinkle & HPs) -and have bought a car or paid first and last that much sooner... The amount of sacrifice and relationship strain to acquire and keep every "Must have" I set my sights on over the last decade is unnerving lol but I've grown and matured to a much healthier place. This post was suppose to be short and sweet forgive me I just had to get that off my chest I guess. Point blank we can work together to boycott unnecessary inflation to a large degree. Maybe not all of it, some is good perhaps but I think we can govern the degree of just how outrageous some of this gets. May it be noted I am not complaining about a baits actual price tag or even slight inflation for something sold out... So lets not get it twisted I understand how the game goes well. I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to take a step back from the hysteria of it all and tryn keep some common sense at bay I know a few wives and girlfriends who would more than likely be grateful for it not to mention your pocket book with full self respect in tact. I'm man enough to admit it when I'm trippin' are you? Food for thought. Cheers gentleman:)

I'm not sure what the hold up is, he says he is waiting until the baits are "perfect" but he has been constantly putting up pictures of fish being caught on all of them all the time. 

"Perfect" to him is different. He always thinks he can make a bait better and there have been changes to the glides over the testing period. I have one of the first dozen made and I love it but he just laughs when I tell him that and says the new ones are better. 

He also fishes them for a long time to make sure the durability is up to his standards. That was one of the reasons for his striper trip to the east coast. He wanted fish that would beat on the baits. As frustrating as it is, it's why his baits are ready to go when he does a release and you don't see design changes meant to fix problems that were uncovered by customers.

The current baits he's making are pre-production. He knows he can make them consistently one or two at a time and is now testing his new molds and making sure that the bigger batches are as consistent as the small ones. It's also an opportunity for him to develop and finalize all the color patterns. As frustrating as it is, he is very close to production. And, when the drop, they will be done right.