roman made negotiator

Ryan T

how much does the bait weigh? I would really like to get one and fish it because it seems like it catches big bass consistently but I'm not sure if the rod I have can handle the bait. I have a abu Garcia veritas 2.0 7'9" heavy fast action rod, the rating goes up to 3oz but I'm not sure again if it can handle it

I'd find a different rod. Dobyns 795ml would be a good rod for something like the negotiator. It's rating is 1-5oz so the negotiator is right in the sweet spot. I have the heavy and med/hvy in the veritas and they quickly became my jig and Small frog rod. Their good rods but their tip is really fast an it has no parabolic bend really . So the wrong cast or hook set on that rod with the negotiator and your risking snapping the tip off. The dobyns bends start further back keeping those trebles planted and it's got a heavier oz rating.

how much does the bait weigh? I would really like to get one and fish it because it seems like it catches big bass consistently but I'm not sure if the rod I have can handle the bait. I have a abu Garcia veritas 2.0 7'9" heavy fast action rod, the rating goes up to 3oz but I'm not sure again if it can handle it

I tried using one for a while before I bought a Dobyns 795. It was bad. Lost several fish because it is a broom stick and it eventually cracked above the grip from tossing 2.5oz bait on it.