Hey folks, what's the deal?

fishaholic211

Are 316's worth it?? Some of them yes, others i dont think so and thats my opinion. My first dd came on the wake jr, and it has caught countless fish for me, its a must have wakebait. The born again is one of my favorites as well, has a lot of pulling power and is a lot of fun to fish. The rising son is a very good softbait that produces good numbers of fish and covers the middle column very well and cant be beat for the price. These three baits are worth it, but I wouldnt pay over retail for them. (I have a spare of each, just incase i break one).

The freestyle craze is ridiculous IMO. Yes it is a quality made bait from 316 theres no doubt, but I havnt seen the proof that it is worth the hype. With the amount of them being sold the number of big fish being posted is not convincing me the bait is worth it. A couple of 4's is not impressive, I can do that on spinning rods and have a lot more fun honestly (Ive owned a handful, did not work for me not my style).

When your gonna buy a bait dont buy one because everyone else has there panties in a wad trying to get them. Especially starting out the tendency is to buy to many baits and not have time to learn them properly. When you get comfortable with throwing big baits thats when branching out new baits will pay off. Mickey's baits are high quality, their customer service is outstanding, and its always a kick talking with the guy. But dont just get a 316 to just say you are part of the hype.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be completely honest, the first fish I EVER caught on a swimbait was on a baby wake. I was hooked from there. I have had nothing bud good experiences with 3:16 baits, and the company itself. Once you see some of the 3:16 baits in person, you will understand all of the "hype". Mikcey is a top notch bait maker, with some kick@ss products.

Well that was just my 2 cents 8-) .

Well said, Style is a big factor when choosing a big bait. If your one that preffers the pull and feel of a bait with a bill in it or one that does good on lipless baits it is more of a prefference in my opinion. Just as much as one who wants to fish the surface vs one that wants to fish the bottom! Top water wake baits or grinding the bottom real slow.It is all up to the guy throwing the bait.

I remember when I used to sell the OG wakes and OG arms, nobody ever said ish! Guess they didn't work?! 8-)

Im a billed bait kinda guy no doubt about that. OG wake, now theres a fun one to fish

The freestyles are great IMO and are worth every penny. I have a few DD's on them and they have their place and time. I fish swimbaits to try and catch DD's but some people just don't have the type of water we have. So a 6 or a 7 lbr might be "small" to some of us, for some it's a catch of a lifetime.

Ok, it baffles me! I look at rhis forum and everyother post seems to be about 3:16 baits. I was wondering what's the big thing with these lures? Hopefully I will get to use a 3:16 of my very own. Thank you for all the feedback folks.

You STILL never got one???

By the way, why do I like 3:16 baits? To me not too much of a need to elaborate on what's been said. Money's worth, Warranty, Awesome Customer Service, Sick Looking Baits, Fish Catching baits, even a crap fisherman like me can catch fish on them, and the Mickey keeps pushing the envelope with his baits and what they can do. Yeah, I know paint jobs don't catch fish, but I think his are some of the best. I fish other baits too, but his are definitely among my top choices of good swimbaits.

What other baits come with high qaulity hardware?

What the hell do these other companys not fish there own baits the know we have to change hooks n split rings

Have you ever heard of a 3:16 bait not swimming true out of the box?

What other bait can u fish it beat it up and sell it for what you paid for it?(even more than what you paid if you are a douche)

What other company can u go to there site and see videos of all hard baits swimmin before you buy em?

($#!t even see em catch fish)

Ok bs pisses me off i hate when people try and start crap because someone put batteries in there back and told em go to the underground and start drama..but if you dont have haters you are doing something wrong

ITS NOT HYPE! YOU CANT DISPUTE FACTS!

A point well made my Mickey, it’s not the bait so much as it is the fisherman. If you don’t know when and where to toss your bait, then more than likely you are not going to get bit.

Personally my favorite bait is the no bull frog, which isn’t even a swimbait.

heres the deal with me...i bought a jackal swimbait for my first swimbait, worked great, produced decent fish, and alot of them, and then hooks bent sections cracked. Then I stubbled across a baby wake, caught a 6 (which is big in NJ waters) and continued to catch big fish, never had hook failure or broken baits. Then when one did break Mickey said he would fix it. I have over a dozen wakes (jr and baby) they all are fished and they never break and they are all made at the same quality.

Its not only the fact that they catch fish and they are top notch quality, they re-sale at the same price when used. That alone should say something about the baits. Many lures are 1/2 price once opened, but not the 3:16s.

As for the freestyle thing, they werent for me until I threw them at the right time. They do work its just about timing. Trust me, check out the black market and find a 316, try it and then you will know why they are always talked about.

plus the customer service is unreal and the owner is always on the boards talking and answering questions, you dont find that many places.

Here is my deal. I have been fishing for over 30 years using the same stuff and catching the same size fish. My PB is 3 fish at 6.5 lbs in Rhode Island (where I live) and a 10.2 lbs in Florida.

I need a change, so I started looking into swimbaits and everything pointed to 3:16 baits. Just looking at these baits you have to say “I’ll hit it if I was a fish†and seeing the action of the baits from watching videos that are on the 3:16 website. There are some Mass guys that catch some huge fish using these baits (Dsouth and Grizz) on the east coast. I am the type of person who will research something for mouths before buying it, but when I do I go in head first.

I threw a black FS shad with regular bass gear in the fall and got smashed by a toothy fish, lost the bait and decided to hold off until spring. I now have a gloomis swimbait rod, LDC rod being made, curado 301, and a Calcutta 401TE ready to bang so big fish in the spring.

There are a lot of great people on this site that will help with any questions about swimbaits (still need some help with how to use a leader with these baits). I AM going to use the help I get and learn to use the 3:16 swimbaits in order to bet my PB this up coming year. It will be like when I first started to use a worm. I had to figure out where to cast it, how to use it and most important TIME ON THE WATER.

Thanks everyone and 3:16 please keep these baits coming.

Brian

Ps….OP if I remember correctly I think there where some nice SU guys offering to help you get a bait at retail?

Ps….OP if I remember correctly I think there where some nice SU guys offering to help you get a bait at retail?

I just went back and looked, he was offered the deal of a lifetime.

Spooky offered him a damn FREE wake jr that he either turned down or didnt pay attention to.

I smell something shitty.

I just went back and looked, he was offered the deal of a lifetime.

Spooky offered him a damn FREE wake jr that he either turned down or didnt pay attention to.

I smell something shitty.

Yup......Busted another hater! Love me some haters. 8-)

165913-0001?wid=450&hei=450

:lol: Everyday on my way to work I drive past a little VW GTI slammed and tweaked that has the I Love Haters sticker in the back window. I laugh every time.