Daiwa DX Swimbait Rods.

SacrificeFishing

I have 2 of the heavy rods. For the money they can't be beat. I would put them at least equal to any $150 rod out there. Decent tip lots of backbone full cork handle which I like and fairly light. I have thrown everything from rats to swavers to hides and triple trouts and it felt like the right rod for all of them, never felt overpowered or to stiff. I'll best rod in that under $200 class. I have had irods and okumas and prefer the daiwa

Ya man, Daiwa rods are decent. I don't think you can go wrong overall with an Okuma, Daiwa, iRod or Dobyns. The only way you're not going to be happy is if you buy the wrong rod for the application you're wanting. They are all good rods. Prior the the Guide Select A, I'd tell you to get an Okuma solely for the lifetime warranty but they stopped offering that. LAME.

I have 2 of the heavy rods. For the money they can't be beat. I would put them at least equal to any $150 rod out there. Decent tip lots of backbone full cork handle which I like and fairly light. I have thrown everything from rats to swavers to hides and triple trouts and it felt like the right rod for all of them, never felt overpowered or to stiff. I'll best rod in that under $200 class. I have had irods and okumas and prefer the daiwa

gcopple, what's considered a decent tip? Would a moderate fast tip be better for swimbaits? I've been looking at this Daiwa SB rod too, but just not sure because no store in MN carries them.

Has anyone tried to MH?

I have one and used it over the last year and half for all my small swimbaits and even larger glide baits, until I got my MOAM's recently. Worked great for any baits in the 1-3oz range, anything over 4ozs might be pushing its limit. That being said, I was using it to throw my Gan Craft 230s, since I like a lighter stick for glide baits.

I was able to fish anything from my 3:16 Little Boogers up to the 3:16 Wake Jrs on it. Built very well for the price.

For a budget rod (under $150) I definitely recommend the DXSB line up.

I have a DX extra heavy. I throw stuff from 2-8 ounces on it. Even a rigs. Good rod for the money just doesn't load as Nicely. But hell, for what it cost that rod is pretty awesome.

• 10 months later...

Does anybody know the difference between the salmon casting and swimbaits rods? Daiwa has an 8' XH fast action rod with similar ratings to the swimbaits 8' H rod, but it's like $25 cheaper for same lure oz rating?