Scent

timcauliffe

so I never believed in scents or anything like that, but one time I was out on a lake and saw a guy fishing from shore.. he was caught in some weeds so i went over in my kayak to help him out. ended up being a 7 pound bass on the end of his line.. but what he caught it on was insane. it was a gulp nightcrawler, if you've ever seen them its literally not over 8 inches long and maybe a quarter inch thick.. no way in hell was the bass sold on the action. its literally almost like a nude colored string. he was throwing it out on a half oz weight and letting it sink and sit on the bottom. long story short, I never believed in anything scented until I saw that huge bass caught on such a ridiculous worm.. could be a once in a lifetime thing and I just so happened to be there that one time but it definitely gave me second thoughts on scented items.. 

When I actually remember to apply it I use the Pro-Cure in Rainbow Trout on my softbaits (Mags, Hudds, etc)...Only thing I don't like about it is that the stuff doesn't wanna come off your hands, smells, and ends up on your reel handles, etc...The way I look at is this, it can't hurt and I feel anything to hide abnormal odors is a plus...

For my normal fishing needs (non-swimbait) I use Bang Garlic spray, love the sh^t...