Bass Pro Shop Florocarbon

BASS_SWINGER

At one point in time, i believe Seaguar was making it for them. It's about the same or was the same as Red Label.  Good for leader material, terrible to spool up with.  

My .02 is spend your money on something else, especially in the swimbait game. Swimbaits are not fun to gamble with at the prices they come with. 

I was just thinking more for general applications I get 40% off since I work there wasn't planning on really spooling my swimbait reels up with it......but I have heard that seauger made it not sure how true.......usually if I spool floro I go seauger blue label never had a problem

For some reason or another, when they changed the package to yellow/purple (maybe 1 to 2 years ago) I thought someone else started making the line but I do not know that info for sure.  

For my conventional stuff I throw a lot of 12lb Yo-Zuri hybrid.  I love that line.  Aside from that I use braid on 80% of my gear.

• 3 months later...

Fished the old white box fluro they made and it crazy tough and strong , I liked the 17lb for hudd fishing on a 200size curado. Plenty strong to boat flip 7 and 8lb bass with no hesitation. The only con is it's very stiff which on the spool it tends to want to fly off the reel and cause a backlash if aren't on your toes, other than that it's pretty darn good fluro for the money.

I use BPS products. However one thing that I would not skimp on is the line. Yes it's the same as the Red Label. You will snap off lures. I have read on this site as far as using full spools of Maxima 20lb. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this. I use mono or a copolymer line for casting heavy stuff.

Always thought brand fluorocarbon was just thicker stuff. At least u know it is fresh stuff cuz they move alot of it. I have some closed out red cabelas fluorocarbon. It is early generation fluorocarbon and very stuff. But it has broken rods on snags, tough stuff.