Punkers at night?

encinoman

Stripers love them punkers anytime anwhere. I've personally found that when the conditions are prime for this type of bite (warmer water)-I get more and bigger fish on a wake bait. Lakes and experiences vary but I think the noise production of the wake bait and moving in a straight line helps the fish find it and eat it easier under low light conditions.

JK

I get better results if I use long pauses between short walks.

I'm with Florida on this. The LONG PAUSE has been the key for me fishing giant walking baits regardless if it is day or night and regardless if I am chasing the green ones or the grey ones. There are a few times when they have been straight out busting trout and you can't fish a Punker or 2x4 fast enough, but that is the exception to the rule in my experience.

You know i was jus thinkin of i lived in florida i wouldnt be able to concentrate on fishing from shore becuz of the gators..i would chit myself if one jump out at me on the bank. I watch to much discovery channel... :ugeek: