"PM offers", what are your thoughts..?

Magic Man CP

Just wondering what other members thoughts are about selling items on the Black Market, and asking for offers opposed to stating what they'd like to sell the bait for. Does anyone else out there find this to be the most annoying form of sale, or is it just me?

Look, I get it if you have a bait that you have no idea where to set the price point, maybe due to the rarity of the bait, or it having a condition that's less than stellar, and you want to sell it but you don't know what to expect to fetch.

But aside from that, are you people really that fickle, to the point you can't just ask what you want out of it? Or are you kinda lonely, want every cheap broke d*ck on SU to pm you all day w low balls?? I've never used it, but I hear Facebook is a good place to chat it up, and see cute lil messages in your inbox, maybe join the teenage girls and beat down housewifes on there...?

Sorry if this offends the masculine deficient members out there,, in no way would I ever feel ok hurting your feelings. Thank you for your input.

I've been thinking about this, and as we know you can choose to offer your baits for whatever you want on the Black Market... I just wish that people would give an honest price for what they want, and i agree with you "pm offers is  not the best way to convey what you want" It does not hurt to give the minimum price that you would take for a bait, maybe even say what the offers are up to a certain point. I love the silent auction posts because it gives you a chance to show what you are actually willing to pay for a bait, and if someone is willing to pay more they deserve said bait. Chances are that if you have a rare bait, you'll get whatever you ask for it as long as its reasonable. We've all seen some baits go for extraordinarily high prices. So if you want to flip a bait, thats totally fine, as the Black Market rules say... but at least give us something.

It doesn't really bother me. When selling stuff on here I find it doesn't really make a difference if you post a price or not guys are still going to lowball. Then when people do ask for what they want there's people commenting that the price is too high like the situation not too long ago with Charlie. Bottom line is it's their bait, their sale and they can conduct it however they want. Don't like it don't buy it. My .02 cents

Edited by MA Frog Man

I just want to know how much so I dont look like a dick for offering what I think its worth and its not what you think its worth lol. I just figure your saying you got better offers to get more when you have no offers either way its your bait just wish there was a price

The PM offers has been around since day 1 here on The Underground. Some love it others hate it, at the end of the day sellers can do as they please. If you don't like it don't participate in that sellers deal.

While I may not like it it's the rules and I joined the forums understanding those were the rules...I'm somewhat new to SU compared to many of you so with that being said there are baits I don't know the value of, like some of the 3:16 baits and so forth...Therefore, when they do go up for sale without a price I'm a little bit timid about sending a message to the seller in fear of sending a low ball offer when that wasn't my intent...Luckily so far all my transactions have been excellent and I have meet/spoke with some really cool people...I gotta admit, I have enjoyed watching the "silent auctions" as of late...Also, I'm pissed I missed the recent Hinkle Trout that sold for cheap :( , hate when police work gets in the way...

Edited by YELOSUB

Im on the fence, part of me says just post what u want for the dam thing!!! You obviously know what you want for it or have an idea, throw a number on it and go from there. I put up a bait little bit ago and people were all over it in minutes and it sold quick. It was a fair price for all... Could have sold it for more but it helped people out to and good things come from that.

Now if its some piece of unicorn meat I totally under stand the offers, some people will pay and exorbant amout for some bait and good for them.. Might as well capitalize on somebody willing to spend 500$++ on a fishing lure... Thats cray cray but if you got the money to do it happy trails to you...

Guess in that realm im a little envious, but i try to remember that a 20$ pack of rising sons will catch as many if not more perhaps big fish as the 500$ dream bait.

Thanks guys, all I wanted by initiating this thread was to get different opinions and view points. And the value of discussion is priceless. I like the offers part in regards to "unicorn meat", it just makes it far easier on ALL parties involved when the offers were posted/displayed, I was just a part of one the other day, seller said it was a lot of fun, and I'm sure it eliminated a ton of frivolous pms, nobody needs to pm an offer of $150 if they can see a current offer of $200, rt?? But again, it's totally the seller's discretion. Just hope they see the value in some of the different perspectives,, hell they could probably even fetch more money with advertised offers,, I know I paid a lot more on that hph other day than I originally intended, thanks to the competitive aspect of it, ended up spending  $77 more than my limit... lol!

I'm new here too Tim, and I'm greatly appreciative of being a part of such a fun, knowledgeable group of guys who share the same sick in the head addiction as I do, lol! 

you know what bugs me?

Pm offers with a list of stipulations.   only serious offers, no low ballers, I won't respond if you're not in the running, don't ask me what price I want.......geez......It's ok for the seller to try and milk the buyer, but if the buyer tries to get a good deal he's a low baller scumbag.  Think about that one. 

Awesome points Douglas,, can't agree more. And that's why I think this subject needed to be revisited. Too many people are getting blasted for going along with the terms and sending offers they want to spend. The sellers taking it as a personal attack. I encountered a similar situation last month. An undisclosed member had a month old thread that he had bumped a few times, he posted "c'mon guys, shoot me some offers". I checked out what he had, noticed it had been bumped a few times, and he had a month old duck bait of some type,, well having no idea how much that bait retails for, no real need for it other than waste a lil more money on something "I think I might need" lol, and it having sat a month in this sea of vultures, haha,, I figured it couldn't possibly be wrth too much. I publicly posted an offer of $20. His reply, "Running low on funds from raping the Black Market page?"... Now keep in mind, I don't know this guy, I really didn't know if he was just attempting to be funny or what. But then when all his lil buddies started chiming in for him, I figured out I had just taken fire. Supposedly by an angry group of what I'm guessing are financially challenged kids, who quite possibly still live w mom, dad, or both. And are peeved that I've been blowing exorbitant amounts of money on baits here. And putting that $$$ in the pockets of happy sellers while doing so I may add!  I in no way meant for that to be an insult, was hoping rather, to open the door to some bidding to help the guy out. My problem is, all that was unnecessary, and caused a lasting rift between us. 

So hoping that bringing this to light a lil, helps these guys see that any cash offer should be treated the same, with respect, accepted or denied. And yes, sometimes there are some offers that seem unordinarily low, and can solicit a funny jab. Can't forget to bring your sense of humor outta the house once in awhile! 

I publicly posted an offer of $20. His reply, "Running low on funds from raping the Black Market page?"...

not trying to get you fired up again Magic Man, I don't think the servers can handle it.........but that statement made me laugh.  I hope it was meant as a joke  :-D

Coming from anyone who had the sack to adress me accordingly, make acquaintances such as yourself this morning,, it absolutely would've been funny, lol. But coming from a guy who wears skinny pants that I couldn't fit one arm into, and enviously calls me out as some broke hoarder... Ehh, still lil funny I guess, and I'm sure you could guess it didn't get poop flung my way without returning fire, haha! 

My point Douglas, is let's keep it as fun as possible, share the good points we all have in common that brought us here in first place, and just pass on the level of respect you intend on receiving. After that lil debacle earlier, I've had about a dozen baits offered to me, had no less than a couple dozen people hit me up and share their frustration about how that situation effected them as well. It proves my point, that the good people will surface and come together because they just plain get it. And that's awesome