1st Big Northern Pike (Icefishing)

Dsouth

Took a few days vacation around Xmas and Ice-Fished 6 full days straight with only a few 10-12lb fish and 1 low teen 13lb+ fish along with a few small rat pike but all and all a very slow start to the season. Decided to take a few more vacation days around the New Year and put in another 6 full days. I was liked the new moon phase and with the warmer weather my confidence was sky high going into the 6 day trip. Friday I landed my 1st 15lb plus fish of the season that weighted in on the digital at 15lbs7oz. It was good to see a 15lb+ fish and helped me feel that the bigger fish where starting to move around and feed. Two days later on the foggy Sunday as the front was moving through at 2:30 in the afternoon as the fog lifted I was rewarded with my 1st 20lb plus of the year that weighted in on the digital at 21lbs4oz, very nice wide thick pike that was 40 + ¾â€. She took a 8†pond shiner in about 10’ of water placed nose down about 8†off the bottom. Beautiful fat fish that was released to swim another day followed the 21.4 up with a flagless Monday and Tuesday but landed 2 on Wednesday with the best going 14lbs4oz. Here’s a look at the 21.4 along with a release shot.

post-229-14252984785582_thumb.jpg

post-229-14252984786081_thumb.jpg

post-229-1425298478648_thumb.jpg

Also put my 15 year old friend Devon on a big new PB that went 15lbs+. The kid was pumped.

Thats cool right there Dsouth!!!!!

Also like the pic of the fish goinging back into the hole, never get to expereince/see that in so cal. Congrats man!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...