Depth.

Sasqwatch01

First time out on a boat since ive started throwing swimbaits an took some glides an hudds. Kinda thrown for a tailspin when we fished 15-25 foot of water all day. Only thing i felt confident in throwing was a rof12 hud an even then i didnt like fishing that deep as ive always fished from the bank at ponds and small lakes.

So my question is what depth is most conducive for glide baits? An those who fish glides in water that 15-25 deep how do you do so?

Thanks su!

How clear is the water? And are the fish suspending?

I catch topwater fish in 50+ feet of water. I catch glide bait fish in 40+ feet of water. But these fish aren't chilling on the bottom, and the lakes also have generally clear water and the fish are suspended.

Cruise over them with DI or Sonar and see what depth that are sitting at. Then countdown whatever glide you want to throw at them. What glides do you have? I really haven't been throwing glides and I'm in Texas also. Been tossing weedless stuff pretty shallow lately. Slammer has done well also. Of course hudds are always a good choice. 

I watched a great YouTube video on fishing Swimbaits ,it's one of the best videos i've seen you guys got to check it out.But in it the guy said he fishes glides really deep using a 3 way swivel and attaches a oz to oz and a half drop shot weight,and drags it along the bottom with the glide up at least a foot up on the line.I haven't tried it but it sounds like it would work.

I didnt have any weedless stuff at all, but just bought a few 68 weedless rof 12 so i can get down to them without being caught with weeds. They were sitting all pretty much at bottom 5 feet of the water column. I have gantarels, islides, swavers. Gonna pickup some 250s, was reading about suspend strips to maybe get them down deeper.

Thanks for the vid! Will watch

Like in another thread...some guys think anything other than cast and retrieve is not swimbait fishing...even if your using a swimbait...I for one have not had success on the swimshot yet but can't wait to try

Ha, my apologies. I thought it was clear with the million g's in boringgggggg that I was joking. I have swimshotted, I did it with a 316 lil booger pegged. 1 1/2 foot leader and 3/4oz egg weight that you use for a carolina rig. It is very good when the fish are on a finesse bite and you can't get them to commit to moving baits. I used a flipping stick, 7"7 heavy and it worked great.