LDCs.........................

TacklemanTybs

• 1 month later...

I just got a custom build on a production H blank - haven't taken any pics of it. Ben added some more blue bling to this one which has given me the idea to see about getting one of the toro's anodized blue to match.

Took it to a pond Friday night for the first test - no fish but was amazed at the range of baits it was able to cast. I only threw a handful of baits but was able to launch a minnow with a 6/0 weighted beast hook as far as a small rising son. Sure got some interesting looks from the old timers when I cast clear across the widest part of the pond :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice sticks everyone! Ben really is a master at his craft. Some of the things he uses I can't find on the internet...which means it's double nasty! That "Timeless" rod is one of the coolest fishing rods I've ever seen.

I got my Production 8'6" Heavy in the mail today, and I got Ben to add a few custom touches for a little bit more money. I think I like it more than my Custom XH, but if you ask me over Christmas break I would say the Custom is my favorite because that's Huddleston season! I'm so blown away by his work and advice. This Production Heavy throws a Wake Jr. so much better than I thought it would. I threw a FS shad 30 yards past where I used to hit every time! No first outing-five pound fish this time, but hopefully tomorrow I can stick a couple at one of the neighborhood ponds up the street.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic, but all of my cameras have dead batteries, LOL.

1d4ec567.jpg

Edit - The white piece on top of the fore grip on my purple custom rod is a fortune cookie thing I got at a chinese restaurant. It says (and I kid you not) "Stay dedicated and eventually you will come out on top". LOL

Here are my LDCs.

H Custom w/ Afghanistan Campaign colors

XH Custom w/ Iraq Campaign colors, EGA, and names of fallen Marines in my unit from Iraq Deployments

XH Production

Thanks for the beautiful rods Ben!

Those are some sick rods! It's really cool that the rods have a special meaning to them. Thank you for your service!