Looking to get a LDC custom rod

Hughie

I was going to order a LDC rod.I already own Dobyns 867,795,and an 806,I would be using this for throwing deps 250,RM Mothers,and maybe some larger soft baits with jig hooks.I was thinking getting an 8 ft custom xxh,wasn't sure if the parabolic or mod/fast action would be better.

As far as the custom process goes,what would you recommend doing as far as customizing the rod.I will be putting a revo toro beast in a 50 or 60 size or a shimano Calcutta ,so many get some design to match the blue and black on the toro

As far as the custom process goes,what would you recommend doing as far as customizing the rod.I will be putting a revo toro beast in a 50 or 60 size or a shimano Calcutta ,so many get some design to match the blue and black on the toro

from the posts so far it seams it's usually a ridicules wait,how long did your rods take to get back?

I don't get my rods to match colors from reels since I tend to filter through 3-4 reels on each rod depending on the season or technique I'm using.

Wait time can be up there but in my experience they have always been worth the wait. You might want to reach out to him directly via email as that's the best way to know. I'd also consider the XXH Workshop rod if you don't want to wait.

The wait time for customs is long, but worth it. Custom model wait time is not affected by the Workshop line. I have Production models, Custom models, and now Workshop models. They are all great, but I am really liking the new Workshop XH. As with most gear, it comes down to personal preference. Workshop XXH models are coming soon, as are some 8'6" models.

LDC's customs are sweet but again, be prepared for the wait. Ive been waiting for 15 months so far for an XH custom...just have to know what to expect. I check in with Ben every so often and he's pretty quick to respond to me. I have a 3pc travel H in with him as well that should be coming to me in the next week or so.

In the meantime, make sure you have other sticks at your disposal.

Be careful Hugh, when you first order they will give you a 3-4 month time frame, that is completely false. Be prepared for 18 months or more. I think Ben makes amazing rods, but you need to go into it with eyes wide open. Its a frustrating experience. MOAM is kicking out his rods at 3 month wait. 

If you can wait, expect a 1+ year turn time.

If needing one by the summer, hit up Moam or Legendary Custom Creations. Great guys and great communication. Received correspondence every step of the way. They'll build to your specs.

There's other builders on this forum with great reviews as well.