Lure Retrievers

Bassindon69

Here are the three I have. I would also have a 44 Mag but sent it to BASS from a tourney win here because I had these 3 already ;)

post-483-14252985655709_thumb.jpg

Left to right , Don't know the name of the Poll but it goes out to 15 or 18'. You have to be careful with this because you can pop your line with to much pressure. I have even got a rod back with this poll though :D

Middle is, EZ lure Retriever I think from BPS. This one I have chains on, plus extra chains from my other retriever for any lure with treble hooks. :D

Right is, OBIE'S LURE RETRIEVER

10oz Muskie size This one is my go too for Jig hook only baits (no chains needed) It knocks them right off.

I have even sent a lure retriever to get a stuck lure retriever :lol: And got them all back. :D

These guys and any other kinds of retrievers will save you tons of money ;)

Good luck on all your knocking :D

I use the musky 10oz one on the right as well, but prefer to leave the chains on it mostly for when I get baits with stingers stuck. So far havnt had an unsuccessful attempt, in the past I wasnt able to retrieve a couple baits on a knocker without chains

Right Bigbaittoon! ;) You must have chains with it if you have any hook other than the Jig hook ;)

But they do work great don't they? :D

if you figure out what the first one on the left is called/actually intended for let me know. A golf ball retriever also works wonders.

DotLine Telescopic Lure Retriever 17'8

From BPS or Cabela's at the time, my wife got it for me (for lures) not golf balls :D . Found this link ;)http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/DotLine_ ... LLR18.html

Cool post Don. I have the pole from bps. Has already saved my freestyle bass three times! Going to try to make a removable mod to it with chains. You are right it will pop your line though if you get to agressive with it. Gona tape over the Sharp edges with electric tape to hopefully help this problem. If your gona be successful with swimbaits you have to have no fear to throw them anywhere. I feel great with one but three!? Nice!

I use the musky 10oz one on the right as well, but prefer to leave the chains on it mostly for when I get baits with stingers stuck. So far havnt had an unsuccessful attempt, in the past I wasnt able to retrieve a couple baits on a knocker without chains

Right Bigbaittoon! ;) You must have chains with it if you have any hook other than the Jig hook ;)

But they do work great don't they? :D

if you figure out what the first one on the left is called/actually intended for let me know. A golf ball retriever also works wonders.

DotLine Telescopic Lure Retriever 17'8

From BPS or Cabela's at the time, my wife got it for me (for lures) not golf balls :D . Found this link ;)http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/DotLine_ ... LLR18.html

Ya if not then the bait will run free but the whatever hook rig is on there will still be stuck and wont come out. I also know what you mean about spares ;) . Ironic losing a lure retriever to the same snag

I got some gift cards for x-mas for a sporting goods store that didn't have much I really needed. I did pick up an extra lure retriever. The knocker is shaped like a fish, but has Bill Dance's ugly Tennessee hat and sunglasses on. I really don't care what it looks like as long as it gets a bait back, but really? It is so uncool it might become cool...

Where are you guys finding the 10oz musky one? I used to get a smaller one from Limit Out, but haven't seen one in a while. Those damn rockpiles at Clearlake eat swimbaits and lure retrievers.

Where are you guys finding the 10oz musky one? I used to get a smaller one from Limit Out, but haven't seen one in a while. Those damn rockpiles at Clearlake eat swimbaits and lure retrievers.

Yes they will! But they are so cool too to fish :D I believe I got mine from Fishermans Warehouse. But that was some time ago. I need a new one soon too .