Go East coast sb makers!

bigpoppabass

• 1 month later...

I still fail to see what this post is about?...you're happy to see someone that isn't the builder flip a used bait for triple the price and help drive up the market?

Solid point.

I still fail to see what this post is about?...you're happy to see someone that isn't the builder flip a used bait for triple the price and help drive up the market?

Yup, pretty much. Bait has made it into mania category occupied by few makers...

I can understand the "mania", when good baits reach the point of high demand. The flippers however really do no one any service other than needlessly lining their own pockets. I understand selling a bait you don't use, or have any need for, even the occasional buyers remorse when you've bought too much. But buying with the sole intent of flipping, while great in the grand scheme of capitalism, is detrimental to the bait maker and those who actually want to use the baits. They reach such high price levels people don't want to scratch them or risk their loss. The baits then wither into obscurity and grail status and eventually people lose interest. It's seems like it puts a chokehold on the bait maker who then either loses orders because he can't keep up or people just quit trying to get one. Just my 2 cents but I rather see the craftsman get the reward.