Found new JDM glide bait, me impressed

AndZ

Saw it a little while ago on my facebook news feed, watched the video and I really liked how the bait swam.

I think it’s called Glide Jack, from Fish Arrow Japan. I’ve seen and used other swimbaits made from them in the past but I wasn’t too impressed with their action. Now, with this new glide bait, it seems they nailed the glide action, looks effortless to me. I would estimate the size of that bait around 8’’ or 20 cm, but I’m not so sure. As far as shape is concerned, it looks similar to the Gan Craft J-Claw...

Thing is, if I can find it this year, I’ll get one and post more info about it in here.

First link is from their blog, second is with the lure in action.

http://www.fisharrow.co.jp/official-blog/3640/

Good to hear. The monster jack finishes trigger aggressive strikes on thetwitch and pause and might be the ticket in a glider too...but action is a weird concept, the orginal monster jack has an odd wobble but it looked like a fish in my buddys tank...and it is still my fav. I own more monster jacks than any other lure and r my prespawn favs even in colder jerkbait temps.

Edited by bigpoppabass

Look at the bait around the 3 minute mark of the video and you can see big patches of paint have already flaked off on the back and joint areas. I wish some of the JDM baitmakers would work on the durability/adhesion issues of their finishes.

If it is wood based like monster jacks, tru oil gunstock finish applied with cotton swab will fix the chipping issue monster jacks had too...bud who is 200 swaver phenom only has beaten up chipped to heck baits.

Edited by bigpoppabass

My bad, I mistook Fish Arrow for other manufacturer, FLT... I checked my tackle boxes last night :) So I never had a Fish Arrow big bait.

As long as the price is decent, I am happy with a glide bait like that... even if the paint is not the toughest - which I noticed on some other JDM brands.

waynem, on 26 Apr 2016 - 4:58 PM, said:

Look at the bait around the 3 minute mark of the video and you can see big patches of paint have already flaked off on the back and joint areas. I wish some of the JDM baitmakers would work on the durability/adhesion issues of their finishes.

At 1:20 min he hit a rock.