Ms slammer

Spottedbass68

Ok I keep hearing how good the slammer is I have a 7 trout colored that I did catch a couple of fish on in February same day nothing since and I've thrown it a lot what's the deal I've tried waking twitching everything in between they just don't seem to want it. Pick up a whopper plopper and I catch fish. Throw a glide bait catch fish. I'm not giving up on it love the way it moves when it's sitting still. Any pointers

Patience Shane, try working it over weed beds or bounce it off of some timber & hang on. It is one of my top five swimbaits. I'm not sure what type of water your fishing, but, have faith, and, you will find out what everyone is talking about.

I feel the same way.. I've put time on the water with this bait and haven't been able to get one fish yet.

I am starting to think this type of Baits do not work for me in Florida, I got a couple of 5's dead sticking it only.

Waking slammers are weed edge baits fished best in some wind that has fish looking up...also dont be misled by social media reports of multifish days in calm bluebird skies. A good slammer day is a one hit day imo...another thing, like others said, u have to put in the time to learn bait and to become a trophy hunter. I didnt get hit on my first slammer for six months cuz my original rig was too light to make it wake right.

Edited by bigpoppabass

Take it for a night swim.

+1

Plus, it will boost your confidence more on the bait. Try different retrieves - wake, twitch, pause. or Walk it. or wake, wake, pause. It is a very versatile bait. All Slammers are different when they are made. Some will even crank down a little. Throw a few jerks in your retrieve to get it below the surface. Be patient and it will get bit in no time!

On a side note, everyone needs to realize that these baits vary a lot from bait to bait as they are hand made.  Of all the slammers Ive owned or my friends have, none are perfect, the joints are cut slightly off centered.  The bills are different sizes, ect...  And not necessarily from years apart either.    That being said, I'm sure they all have the potential of getting bit, but some are going to out produce others based on its unique properties. 

Obviously the prime times are morning and night, low vis situations or cloudy weather.  I dont just fish it around weedlines.

Points, open water, flats, little pockets, creek channels and tules have all produced for me.

I get bit a lot on the pause. or dead sticking it after I wake it.

Like many have said and from my experience...alot of wood baits are different...Even when they look very similar

My 3rd Slammer I owned turned out to get bit the most...took over a year to determine too!

Just have to find the right one and be patient...Keep Chunk'in!