Couldn't find this topic, i have a question.....

Cadenw16

So recently I have picked up a few TTs. I am wondering how you guys like to fish them. I have the 8 inch version. is there a specific retrieve you do for super clear water? For stained water? For sunny day? Cloudy days? I've never had much luck with them and wanted to try some new retrieves. Thanks in advance for the help.

-Caden

Lots of ways to fish it...straight retrieve, burn it, rip it, reel and pause, pop,etc etc...

Don is right -the same retrieve doesn't always work so find what they want...

Very durable and reliable bait...stick with it cuz they sure get smashed!

Good luck!

If you listen to music on the water, this is what i've done to help figure out the fish. Listen to a song and fish the triple trout based on the cadence of the song, and pop the rod or reel handle on heavy parts, etc. Change up the song the next time and fish based off the tempo. Sounds weird, but it actually helps change up your retrieve and sometimes that will trigger the fish. Then you know the speed and maneuvers that the fish are keying in on. Might be worth a shot. 

Clear water will be tough to fish them slow, as they aren't the most realistic baits in the world. When the water clears up, I usually fish them faster to make the fish decide quicker. 

Mix it up, you'll get em. 

If you listen to music on the water, this is what i've done to help figure out the fish. Listen to a song and fish the triple trout based on the cadence of the song, and pop the rod or reel handle on heavy parts, etc. Change up the song the next time and fish based off the tempo. Sounds weird, but it actually helps change up your retrieve and sometimes that will trigger the fish. Then you know the speed and maneuvers that the fish are keying in on. Might be worth a shot. 

Clear water will be tough to fish them slow, as they aren't the most realistic baits in the world. When the water clears up, I usually fish them faster to make the fish decide quicker. 

Mix it up, you'll get em. 

Good advice!  I always have sing songy tunes stuck in my head from watching shows with my 3 y/o.  I twitch/walk my slammer to a part from Little Einsteins and I've got bit quite a bit with that retrieve...tap,tap,tap,tap ...

Edited by SEMassBass