Looking for review on the 8" REAL DEAL!!!!!

deep

Never fished a Rago bait.

All three 3:16 baits you mentioned fish differently than one another. Tough to compare any of them to each other.

IMO, the Real Deal will excel at deadsticking among the three. The FS will fish faster among the three. The BA has the most big bait drawing power among the three.

Never fished a Rago bait..

Got a Rago Baby Tool coming, so hopefully by post-spawn I can write a review of my own.

IMO, the Real Deal will excel at deadsticking among the three.

Just what I thought, from combining the inputs from different threads on this site and a few others.

The FS will fish faster among the three. The BA has the most big bait drawing power among the three.

That's great. Looks like I did all right when I passed on two good deals on 10" freestyles.

Thanks Speed.

Aside from deadsticking/twitching/slow rolling the floating Real deal, I've caught fish walking it. It has its own unique walk. After you cast it out, wind on the bait to close the mouth. Once its closed, if you drag the line across the water with the rod tip down it will walk side to side. Something different to show the fish.

Aside from deadsticking/twitching/slow rolling the floating Real deal, I've caught fish walking it. It has its own unique walk. After you cast it out, wind on the bait to close the mouth. Once its closed, if you drag the line across the water with the rod tip down it will walk side to side. Something different to show the fish.

Oh yeah, That walk is SICK!!

I always felt that the 8-inch floater had a nice "slither" on the surface and presented a decent profile while not creating as much racket as the Wake Jr. I found the floater Real Deal being my choice for calmer conditions with flatter water though I haven't thrown it in quite some time.

• 2 weeks later...

This bait gets alot of love when others won't. My opinion is that it has to do with the nice little wobble it has as well as the subtle swimming action. Or maybe it's that perfect profile...haha who knows, but it definitely will always have a place in my box when it's not tied on my line which isn't often.

here's my first swimbait fish, the one that got it all started for me.post-101-14252985918866_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

I always felt that the 8-inch floater had a nice "slither" on the surface and presented a decent profile while not creating as much racket as the Wake Jr. I found the floater Real Deal being my choice for calmer conditions with flatter water.

i 2nd that, its get a little 'lost' when theres a bunch of wind, i'm usually slap it then a bit more.

i modded mine to make it into a 'heavy' floater, i always felt it 'sitting' to high, but i'm now very happy w the resulting float (very low!).

its a bait that calls up big fish from the depths, i have no problem fishing it over 30 to 40 ft of (albeit clear) water, funny thing is : smallmouth seem to love it !, even fish that's barely a couple pounds, and as w a lot of 3:16's you get a lot of 'lookers' that hard to convert into 'biters', tho 'fig 8 ting' sometime entices them..

great bait, alltho mickey considers it an 'old' design that doesn't swim as good as his newer baits, i still like it a lot, the wobble on the surface is unique and its really good at really slow :)....