Mother line

BigSlant

To you mother lovers out there..looking for line ideas..

Running a custom built Phenix black diamond xxh paired with a Toro beast hs 6.4:1 but may swap it to a big shooter wm60 7.6:1

I would normally run Sunline super natural mono in 20-25# or pline cxx for the added sink for big baits like phoney, Hinkle shad, Deps 250 but the mom is a lil fatter by a few oz.

Looking for recommendations..thx

I'm considering a mother too this year... so far I have used some Sunline Queen Star in 30 and 35 lbs. with Slideswimmers 250, megabass magdraft 10" and Savage Gear 3D line thru 10''. That line is really soft and manageable in that diameters... and I also got the Sunline Machinegun Cast - in 30 lbs. (.43 mm diameter). That is a low stretch nylon I used in the past for jigs, before fluorocarbon became mainstream... from what I understand the Machinegun Cast is not being produced anymore.

Sanyo Applaud GTR Ultra is considered one of the best nylon lines out there, with an incredible abrasion resistance... but with a hefty price tag, too. I had a spool in the past, used it for reaction baits, good line, although it had a solid color.

Cxx 30lb

if your using mono I'd suggest 30 pound ccx. I don't throw the really huge baits but I have never heard of 30 mono failing. I read that Butch Brown uses 20 pound flouro for a 250. He's the master so maybe try flouro

To you mother lovers out there..looking for line ideas..

Running a custom built Phenix black diamond xxh paired with a Toro beast hs 6.4:1 but may swap it to a big shooter wm60 7.6:1

I would normally run Sunline super natural mono in 20-25# or pline cxx for the added sink for big baits like phoney, Hinkle shad, Deps 250 but the mom is a lil fatter by a few oz.

Looking for recommendations..thx

Stick with the good stuff Tony, bump up to the 30lb super and you'll be huckn that mutha! 

i like 25 lb big game for big big hard baits. Big game has some decent stretch to it and 25lb is tough as all hell, but i do retie alot. If i was gonna throw flouro id rock 30lb jdm sniper

I was really into the big game until I snapped off a Hinkle shad..it landed in a grass mat and I recovered it..I don't think it was the line as much as improper rigging..I had 25# big game SDJ knot tied to a split ring..I think the knot was so stiff it bent back and forth like a piece of wire and snapped..I recovered the bait and the knot was in tact on the split ring..went to Palomar and snaps right away