Is it worse to...

Bonesaw

Is your urge to throw swimbaits stronger when you are on a skunk spree or riding a hot streak?

I feel like I go on tilt when I'm getting skunked and wanna get out there every second of everyday(to a point, after a certain number of trips I gotta regroup). When I catch a couple fish I almost, key word there, almost get content. Same thing with gambling for me. explains why I don't gamble too often haha.

Anyways, just wondering if I am the only one.

-Dave

I'm with you Dave. The hot streak keep me satisfied but the skunks keep me up at night wondering what I need to do differently.

But during the skunk periods I wish I had fished the hot streaks harder. I'm such a goofball now that you mention it.

-Ali

I was on a major league hot streak last year, from April through August. I did my best to pay attention to the surroundings when I'd get bit and it made finding the next bite much easier. Towards the end of the streak I would wait and wait until conditions said GO then I'd proceed to hammer them.

Biggest trick for me was really taking wind into account. Made all the difference for my novice ass

Not catching them makes me want to be on the water more. Catching them makes me stay out till im not catching them :lol: those long rides home in the dark are worth it though. But im obsessed with making baits.. and new designs, so if im catching them or not, im going home with some new idea that eats me just as much as fishing. So then im home thinking about that great day, that crappy day, and the baits that need to be finished or that new design that i can never get around to finishing cuz half way through a new one pops up! And ive been like this since 15+ yrs now... i think im gonna go into brain fry mode soon. I just want a teener first! ;)