New Swimbait Guy here

Lumpy2181

Hey there everyone, Will here. I'm finally to that point in my fishing where I'd rather catch a few big fish than a bunch of little ones so I am venturing into the big bait world. Just getting started now so I'm here for advice, education, and hopefully to find some deals on the black market. I fish mainly in central NC along with a couple trips back home to central FL each year. I predominantly use weedless boot tail soft plastics with weighted hooks to better fish the weedy waters I have close to home so I don't lose many baits/fish until I get better at this. If anyone has any tips on the central NC swimbait game (tips being tactics and techniques, not anyone's honey holes) I'm all ears. Attached is my first official (in my mind) swimbait fish. 3lb 2oz on a Havoc Sickfish in FL this June.

post-27303-0-22305600-1469532641_thumb.jpeg

Welcome William. You're at the right place to learn. Most guys here are super helpful.

I started with a gantarel and G2 shellcracker. Great well priced baits. Both float but glide/crank down on the retieve so less chance of loosing them.

Check out the Black market, Bigslant was selling a few Gantarels ealier .

Just getting started now so I'm here for advice, education, and hopefully to find some deals on the black market. 

Welcome to the forum.

Best place to start:  http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13248-beginnersnoobs-read-me-first/

Welcome. There are alot of good people on here that have a ton of experiences to help you out. You can never stop learning. All you have to do is get out there and try them and maybe even add your own special touch to it. The hardest part to it all is having enough hours in a day  :mrgreen: . Good luck out there.

Thank Ramen. I read all the noob posts as soon as I registered. I'll be referencing the reels and rods one quite a bit as I search for new/upgraded gear.

what part of NC? pm me i went to school out there so I've fished a lot off different lakes in the Burlington, greensboro, ran;high area

Swim, I'm in the central area, west of Bragg in Hoke Co.

Here is the current setup. Dobyns Fury 795 with a Lew's 5.4:1 Lazer MG topped off with Hi Seas 20lb Copolymer. The swimbait box is mostly just top hook pan fish lookalikes, some boottail soft baits on weighted swimbait hooks, and some kick'n minnows in pearl and blue herring imitations. I'm looking to add some line throughs, rats/wake baits, and some gliders as I can.

post-27303-0-97216100-1469585299_thumb.jpeg

post-27303-0-94559000-1469585316_thumb.jpeg

Thank Ramen. I read all the noob posts as soon as I registered. I'll be referencing the reels and rods one quite a bit as I search for new/upgraded gear.

Swim, I'm in the central area, west of Bragg in Hoke Co.

If you have the chance to fish Randleman, do it