Gantarel deadsticking fish

ZanethePain

In my opinion the Gantarel is an amazing low budget lure that is deadly for me in shallow water. I've been having a lot of luck with the Gantarel and the Gantarel jr. lately experimenting with deadsticking and twitching it next to cover. For me this technique works best in calm water. I just cast next to cover and let it float for about a minute and then do short half turns with the reel making it just slide side to side and then I let it sit again. I then start the half turn turn retrieve but I start slow and then start working faster until I am just doing a straight retrieve, sometimes I will kill it once I am reeling it back and it'll get the more finicky fish to commit. I only do this technique in spots that look really fishy or spots where I know there are fish for sure. The full size Gantarel gets less bites but they are usually good fish and the jr. just crushes numbers if you want to build confidence. This is my first actual post on SU but I have been learning a lot from this site for a while now and I figured its my turn to share. Thanks for reading guys.

post-25536-0-84714500-1469630843_thumb.jpg

post-25536-0-17951600-1469632020_thumb.jpg

Great technique Zane. I love the Gantarel and it is a good deadstick bait. I moved up from 22nd positing on day 1 to 2nd on a weekend comp last year using that technique. 16 hours for 5 fish then deadsticked the Gantarel and stared smashing the fish with 40minutes to go. Drove the smallies mad.

Nice that you picked up on the craft of fishing swimbaits. Most guys I see your age just get out start pounding the banks. You are actually fishing - learning the craft and utilizing techniques.... Congrats to you for that! Don't get me wrong everyone does their on thing and to each their own. Your just a step ahead already keep it up Zane.  Congrats good post.

Nice that you picked up on the craft of fishing swimbaits. Most guys I see your age just get out start pounding the banks. You are actually fishing - learning the craft and utilizing techniques.... Congrats to you for that! Don't get me wrong everyone does their on thing and to each their own. Your just a step ahead already keep it up Zane.  Congrats good post.

Thank you! Everything I haven't learned from experience with swimbaits I learned from you guys on here. Theres so much good information on this site, and I can't exactly get advice where I'm from because every time someone sees whats tied onto my rod they look at me like Im crazy!

Thank you! Everything I haven't learned from experience with swimbaits I learned from you guys on here. Theres so much good information on this site, and I can't exactly get advice where I'm from because every time someone sees whats tied onto my rod they look at me like Im crazy!

"Boy, whatchu doin' with that bluegill?  We got some minners for you to use!"

I get the same reaction here in NY when people see my glides/swimbaits.

Keep up the good work!