Funny Story

schmith12

Fishing Related but not swimbait

So I take my flipping stick into a guy to replace a guide, come back and pick it up. He had a bunch of repaired rods in a rack and I really needed a different rod for ripping big bladed 1-1.5 oz spinner baits. He had a 6'6" St Croix Heavy for 15 bucks and it was the orginal length (most had tips broken off) so I offered him 10 and he took it. He showed me and had been repaired down by the handle, he had put a blank inside and said not worry when you repair them there they never break. So I threw my big spinner bait on there and ripped over the grass and caught about 20 largemouth with and at least that many pike. Then one morning I give it a rip and I got hit when I was ripping it (usually they hit right after). It hit so "not allowed" hard and reacted and gave her the goods on the hookset and the rod just "not allowed" exploded and made a hell of a noise. I was just standing there like WTF just happened. Line in a "not allowed" mess and fish still on, I was freaking out, ended up it was like maybe a 4lb northern, LoL i was looking through pics and thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

post-1021-14252985815135_thumb.jpg

:lol: im amazed it lasted 40 fish before breaking like that. You would think if it was going to break where it was repaired would have happened on the first cast. I had a cheapo shimano spinning combo grenade on me on the first cast one night when I was a kid turns out someone swapped the tips of the rods where the price tags were :lol:

:lol: im amazed it lasted 40 fish before breaking like that. You would think if it was going to break where it was repaired would have happened on the first cast. I had a cheapo shimano spinning combo grenade on me on the first cast one night when I was a kid turns out someone swapped the tips of the rods where the price tags were :lol:

I would think too, It was the hardest hit I'd ever had, lol I thought I had a big muskie on or something

Lol i have had this happen to me with a bps carbonlite only hours after buying it..took it back the same day and they guy goes "no worries man well replace it for free" i said"thats all good and everything but what makes you think i want another rod like that if i broke it right after i bought it? Just give me a refund"

Lol