Lexa 300 buzzing sound?

timcauliffe

Recently got a Lexa 300 in a trade. Everything is flawless except I have been noticing a buzzing noise when the spool is engaged / on cast. This could be a really stupid question, but figured I would ask here first.

Any idea on what this could be?

Easy fix or?

Not that it's the same noise, but my Abu makes a buzz when I cast it. Again, I'm not familiar with your reel, but usually doing a good cleaning and adding oil will usually *minimize" the buzz.

They only buzzing sound I have from any Abu reel is spooled with braid..It's the sound of the braid going thru the levelwind..Teflon coated braid is much quieter

I've noticed my Lexas need to be cleaned/lubed a bit more often than my other reels. If I keep up with it, I have no issues at all with them.

My experience exactly, each reel is different and some need more attention than others. For example my new conquest needs to be cleaned/oiled more than the previous model. I also switched all my bearing to orange seals and that helps the Lexa a ton.

Batteries must be low

#abuforlife

Very helpful... I've seen plenty of Abu's breakdown too, no reel is immune to the stress we put on them and maintenance is crucial.

My experience exactly, each reel is different and some need more attention than others. For example my new conquest needs to be cleaned/oiled more than the previous model. I also switched all my bearing to orange seals and that helps the Lexa a ton.

Very helpful... I've seen plenty of Abu's breakdown too, no reel is immune to the stress we put on them and maintenance is crucial.

No reel on this site has had more "what's wrong with my reel" than the Lexa 300..Sorry if it wasn't funny to you I just still don't know why it's a question when ALL the answers are the same..replace drag, washers, bearings and clean..I have 7 year old revos that have never been cleaned that operate flawlessly..maybe I'm lucky or maybe there's something to it