Help me

Jacobpeterson8

Anyone know a good starter swimbait?

Your already starting with the wrong mindset. The word starter implies cheaper, smaller, and or a numbers type baits. Most guys with a "starter" mindset end up buying a bunch of cheaper baits that don't produce a lot of big bites. The correct way to "start" swimbaiting is to get a few high quality, proven baits and get out and fish them. Trust me if you spend $100-$150 on 2-3 quality proven baits you will be FAR better off then buying 10 baits that will end up never getting used. Either you will figure out that they are not as good and you will go out and buy a few good baits or you wont see the results you wanted and go back to conventional gear. So you want a good Starter swimbait? Excluding mine because I am obviously bias, I say go get an 8in Hudd or a Hudd 68. Get a good wake bait and or a good rat. Get a good hard thumping sinking hard bait. Resist the temptation to buy cheap starter baits.

Hhunn, on 21 Sept 2016 - 4:52 PM, said:

14 inch Amish Made has had the best results for me by far..."I caught dottie and dottie's grandmother on this bait"

Will this work on a Indiana Double Digit Giant Bass?lol

I'm pretty sure it just increases your chances of finding and reposting double digits. Not catching them

Can't go wrong with a hard gill and very affordable will catch numbers and Giants have a hardgill I have caught at least 40+ fish on and one over ten and it still catches em! I consider myself a newbie to swim baiting and this one bait has taught me a lot about they're behavior toward blue gill. Great bait for starters and experts can't go wrong!

14 inch Amish Made has had the best results for me by far..."I caught dottie and dottie's grandmother on this bait"

"wall to wall tree top tall boom goes the dynamite!"-the bass savage

those 3 piece Amish made swimbaits from japan are the ish!! Unfortunately they dont work unless your wearing skinny jeans and flat bills though...

Hhunn, on 21 Sept 2016 - 4:52 PM, said:

Will this work on a Indiana Double Digit Giant Bass?lol

I'm pretty sure it just increases your chances of finding and reposting double digits. Not catching them

Lol

"wall to wall tree top tall boom goes the dynamite!"-the bass savage

those 3 piece Amish made swimbaits from japan are the ish!! Unfortunately they dont work unless your wearing skinny jeans and flat bills though...

you are forgetting the skateboard man

Your already starting with the wrong mindset. The word starter implies cheaper, smaller, and or a numbers type baits. Most guys with a "starter" mindset end up buying a bunch of cheaper baits that don't produce a lot of big bites. The correct way to "start" swimbaiting is to get a few high quality, proven baits and get out and fish them. Trust me if you spend $100-$150 on 2-3 quality proven baits you will be FAR better off then buying 10 baits that will end up never getting used. Either you will figure out that they are not as good and you will go out and buy a few good baits or you wont see the results you wanted and go back to conventional gear. So you want a good Starter swimbait? Excluding mine because I am obviously bias, I say go get an 8in Hudd or a Hudd 68. Get a good wake bait and or a good rat. Get a good hard thumping sinking hard bait. Resist the temptation to buy cheap starter baits.

Unfortunately this is what I did when starting out.  Lucky for me I had a couple guys I was fishing with quickly put a stop to it and point me down this expensive, bank account draining, time sucking, most glorious path!! In the last year I have spent more money on fishing gear than in the last 18 years of fishing, and I couldn't be happier about it. 

Take the time to look through this forum.  Read what people are writing.  PM them questions.  Look at the "Got'em" section and see what people are catching fish on.  This is a place where copying and jumping on a bandwagon of a bait that is producing fish is encouraged.  Throw what is proven.  Don't try to find the next best bait.  Follow the guidelines that are already laid out by guys who have been doing this for YEARS, even decades!!