Getting a gift for beginner swimbaiter

WCswimbaiting

Hey SU,

I checked out the noobie thread and thought those baits were good and also checked out Tactical Bassin's video today on good gift ideas for swimbait anglers. 

My younger brother has started to get some interest in the swimbaits I have, for some reason specifically the OG deps..... (Not getting him one, can't afford that haha wish I could)

I was wondering if anyone here has some recommendations that aren't as mainstream as an s waver, spro rat, etc.    Not looking to break the bank, been letting him use some smaller stuff on his MH rod but looking for some ideas of maybe baits that don't get enough love or attention.

Thanks SU,

WC

Why does a younger brother know the difference between og and not?..get a new 250..they swim good enough to get bit..and an s waver 200 should be a staple bait for any skill level and especially those with light wallets

Haha well he asks me whenever I am looking at baits or stuff on facebook and here, I call them OG 250's so he knows the terms, he would recognize a hinkle shad, he knows the difference looks wise between OG and new and he doesn't know much about the actual difference.    

Definitely will check out an swaver 200, I only have 168s and he likes those. Anyone have reviews on the 30acre stuff? looks cool and doesn't sound like it will break the bank

What is the MH rated for oz wise? If you watch the black market in the next couple weeks you may find some good deals leading up to xmas. If all else fails grabbing a few savage gear soft plastics or getting him a Triple Trout wouldn't be the worst idea. Just some thoughts make him learn the ins and outs of the baits before he ends up with too many and can't fish any of them. Good luck!

rof 5 Huddlestons bro. Cheap, great, proven baits. Want it deep? Count it out. Want it shallow? Start cranking. If you lose it shake it off and buy another.  20% off all hudds today for black friday on tacklewarehouse.com. GET ON IT!

Edited by Topwaterjustin